Things

  • I have just discovered a new, brilliant song: Paradise by the Dashboard Light. It is brilliant, despite how dreadfully long it is (nine minutes). "Though it's cold and lonely in the deep, dark night/I can see paradise by the dashboard light." Bonus: it's kind of a funny song.
  • But I am actually listening to Not the Boy Next Door. I'm rather fond of that song because, you know, GPOY (minus the tight gold pants and swinging man-hips).
  •  I had a beautifully delicious three-day holiday weekend. Only thing: every part of my body is the same (white) color that it was on Friday except for my face. My face is an annoying lovely pink color. Curses, sun! I don't want a burnt face, who wants a burnt face?
  • Today I played some volleyball. How I play: get in the court, make some losing moves, throw in a couple of good moves, spend 95% of the time not doing anything but encouraging everyone else. I should have been a cheerleader.
  • I now own a pair of orange flip-flops. Orange flip-flops. The quality of my life has gone up by 3.27. (Also the two new pairs of shorts and one new shirt makes life to the power of three.)
  • Next weekend I am going canoeing. Woot, woot! I am stoked. (Oooh! Just pulled out a "so last year" word.)
  • And. Being chairperson. Ahhh. Just sayin'.
  • I got up this morning and went out and watched the parade. Memorial Day parade. With friends. We were definitely the loudest, most patriotic, and biggest group of people watching the parade. I now have a small stash of candy. We also got chips from the Frito-Lay procession. Best moment: Seeing, down the way, some group giving out popsicles instead of candy and getting ready for them and then cheering and begging for them. Then, then! The guy passing them out took his whole buckets worth of popsicles and rained them down upon us. We ended up with, like, five popsicles per person. Sweeeet.
  • "And I’m proud to be an American/Where at least I know I’m free/And I wont forget the men who died/Who gave that right to me/And I gladly stand up/Next to you and defend her still today/'Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land/God bless the USA."

    No comments: