Mostly Cabbage with a Splash of Royalty

This blog is long overdue for an update but, ah, can't think of anything blog-worthy to post.

This weekend, that new Tim Burton movie comes out, I am going to see it. The vampire one that I can never remember the name of. Over the weekend I saw the new Joss Whedon movie, The Avengers. I'm afraid I've only seen a couple of superhero movies. I don't often get around to watching a lot of the movies I am interested in seeing. Anyways, I quite enjoyed watching The Avengers. I wish I had a little more of the background story of some of the characters. (Like Captain America being found in ice? I suppose that was covered in the recent Captain America movie that I haven't seen yet .) It was kind of amusing.

I also went to IHOP over the weekend. Oh, me, I am so fond of IHOP. It's so delicious! I like to get an omelette, which comes with a stack of three pancakes. The pancakes are plain by default but you can get a substitute pancake "flavor" for an extra two bucks. I usually get chocolate chip. It's...unbelievably. IHOP and Applebees are my two favorite sit-downs.

I cannot decide where I want to live when I grow up. Close to work or close to play? Time for the infamous, comprehensive list!

Close to work:
  • No/Little commute.
  • Cheaper housing.
  • Exciting things like homicides and shootings.

Close to play:
  • Room mates.
  • "Let's go to my house!"
  • No/Little drive to weekend stuff and hanging out with friends.
Both options are so attractive. Like the cheapness of living close to work. No commute is so attractive to me. Getting to work in five minutes? Oh, yes! Also, living close to work would mean living further away from the majority of my friends so I would be even deeper in Lonerhood than ever before! (Not such an attractive option.) But blazing the trail and living somewhere no one else is living? That's totally attractive to me. Being over here, doing my own thing; there is a certain adrenaline and ecstasy that comes with marching to a different drum.

Anyways. This is all for the future. Currently I can afford to put a down payment on a shed and not much else.

On a slightly related note, I totally want to live out of my car for some period of time. That would be pretty nifty. I'd like, sleep in the trunk or something. I've got a pretty big trunk. It'd be dark and quiet. A couple pillows a slew of blankets and throws. It would be an adventure! A story to tell over fries sometime in the future. I don't currently have much for life experience stories. That would be a story!

No comments: