On Driving Motorized Vehicles and Eyeware

Well, I was going to post a really amazing (and really long) post yesterday but I got interupted. Since I do not feel like finishing that post, here is a new one on the same subjects but with a slightly different execution.

My driving thus far:

• On Monday, a half an hour drive, first in a parking lot and then around on some quiet residential streets.
• On Monday, a forty-five minute (give or take fifteen minutes) ride around on some country roads, also manuevered three roundabouts.
• On Tuesday, drove to the bank, twenty minute round trip, at most.
• On Wednesday, drove to Elkhorn--refused the offer to be the one to drive back, I'd made enough mistakes for one day.
• On Thursday, drove to Chocolate City, to an appointment, a Salvation Army, back to the appointment, a thrift store, back to Salvation Army, next a restraurant, then a secondhand store, next to a Goodwill in another town, then to Wendy's, then to the bay for some fun in the water, and then home (this one was driving in the dark).

...And today is Friday. Today will probably atleast include driving to work.

The driving is going okay, I guess. I think part of me was hoping that some miraculous something would happen when my hands first touched the wheel and I would be like a super amazing driving and not make any mistakes. But that didn't happen.
I am not a very good driving which depresses me a lot. You will see just how bad I am when I list all the things I can't seem to do satisfactorily.

This is major, drive at a steady speed. I wish that if I'm on a 55mph road that I could push the gas until I got to 56 or so and then just stay there until I had reason to change. Instead, here's me: 60mph, better slow down a little; 35mph, is way too slow, better speed up; 55mph, this is perfect; 65mph, what happened?
I hate it when people pass me, they may not be annoyed with me but I imagine they are since they have awfully good reasons to be. I certainly don't blame them. I also hate it when I have a car right smack behind me, I assume they're back there foaming at the mouth because they're stuck behind some crazy female driver. I do feel bad for them.

Staying in my lane during turns and on lineless roads when it's dark out.

Another major one, I was having trouble remembering to turn on my turning signals. Now I have more of a problem with turning on the right one. I have a huge problem with rights and lefts, always have. Cars are supposed to stay on the right side of the road, which side is right again? You know, simple stuff that little kids know I can't seem to figure out. (I feel like a mental retard--I despise that word but I can't think of any others to replace it.)
Anyways, that's not a good thing at all so I'm trying to make a point of pointing. If someone says, "Turn left at the light" then I go, "oookay, is this left?" If they say yes, awesome.

So, far from perfect but I can overcome. I hope.

On Wednesday I went to the eye doctor. I am glad that I'm not any blinder than I was. Yay. He even said something has gotten better, I think it was the convergence delay that had improved but I'm not sure.

The guy I go see is a nice older man, he's planning to retire at 65, in 7 years. His eye appointments take awhile because he chats with you well he's writing on his paper and something you say is going to remind him of something else. This time I heard all about how great and awesome his nephew/godson is and how proud he is of him. Also how his mother is dying of a brain tumor and only has maybe a few months left.
Last time I was there he told me all about what inspired him to become a doctor of the eyes.

Anyways. I'm getting a new pair of glasses. :) They're roughly just like the ones I have now with slight differences--I'm not sure if I will really love them or not but they were the nicest ones of the ones that would be free through my plan.

I'm also in the market for a pair of sunglasses, my reasons:
1. Everyone else has a pair.
2. Bright, glaring light is often painful.
3. They're good for you and help prevent cataracts and what have you.

I'd be looking for either prescription sunglasses or prescription glasses with a sunglasses clip on thingy. I saw some really nice ones in his collection of really expensive glasses. The ones I liked were mostly fancy, mental, with a strong magnetic clip-on, and really expensive.

Mom says I can get good deals on glasses by shopping online. I hope soon we can look into that and see if we can find anything decent. I don't really like to shop online but I will atleast give it a try.
I know not shopping online is so very uneconomical of me. I know it saves money on gas and is often cheaper and whatnot but I prefer in-store shopping. For me it is less hassle and I find it easier to consider my options and compare things. I especially consider in-store shopping the way to go with something like this, how can I trust some online site to send me g
good eyeware. And we all know returning stuff is a pain in the everywhere.

Anyways, so...watch my face I'm definitely getting one knew pair and maybe even two. :)

1 comment:

Daughter of Eve said...

"This is major, drive at a steady speed. I wish that if I'm on a 55mph road that I could push the gas until I got to 56 or so and then just stay there until I had reason to change. Instead, here's me: 60mph, better slow down a little; 35mph, is way too slow, better speed up; 55mph, this is perfect; 65mph, what happened?"

*feels better* Okay, good, it's not just me then... :P

"
I hate it when people pass me, they may not be annoyed with me but I imagine they are since they have awfully good reasons to be. I certainly don't blame them. I also hate it when I have a car right smack behind me, I assume they're back there foaming at the mouth because they're stuck behind some crazy female driver. I do feel bad for them."

*sigh* Amen amen amen!! Lol... learning to drive = very interesting at times.