Sunburns, Crossing, Food, and Overdue Library Books

Last things first: yes, I am writing this instead of reading my probably overdue, definitely boring library book. I just must expound on my Thursday, I'll try and hurry so's I can get back to the book.

Anyways. Well, I went to work. Lunch and break are interesting times, any time around my co-workers is an interesting time. Most of my co-workers are Hispanic and they either speak English as a second language or speak Spanish and English equally well. I do not speak Spanish. Also, most of the young people know the same people and like the same things and go to the same school. They talk among themselves a lot. There talk is not exactly in either one or the other language. In fact, halfway through a sentence they'll go from one language to another. (The naughty language is profuse, if you were wondering.)
Today, when my sister asked Brian what time it was he started answering her in Spanish, he caught himself and repeated it in English.
Wouldn't it be cool to know more than one language? Like, really know the other language. I certainly don't have the patience or reason to learn another language but it would be cool once it was learned.

Well, work day started with some vigorous hoeing. Oh, joy. When I say I blister really easily, believe me. I can get blisters in the same spot over and over again without a problem and it doesn't take long for a blister to form. So, therefore, hoeing is a joy. Especially in the humidity and heat of late.

After break we crossed. Crossing went okay today. I made 155 crosses, which broke my goal of 150, it was also five away from double yesterday's total. Woot. :) What will my goal for tomorrow be?

Not dying sounds reasonable. There will be more hoeing tomorrow and if I die durin that then there is no point in making crossing goals.

It is fun to see people I haven't seen for ages, recognize faces (and sometimes even put names to the faces). Nacho knew me right off the bat. So did Jason. I haven't seen any of these people for three or so years. I'm wondering if we will see the "Hey, hey, Hey!" guy. I don't remember what his name is. I think I saw Flash today, I never really met Flash--but I think the guy I saw was him.

Anyways. Got home from work, ate supper, surfed the web, and then started in on my library book. Well I read it I spread aloe vera over my various sunburns. Both my knees are burnt, my arms are burnt, and my face is reading them it once was. I despise sunburn lines, they are so annoying! I got one where my watch was yesterday and I tried getting rid of it today but it is still kind of there.

After awhile Mom and Heather got home from grocery shopping and--dun, dun!--picking up our co-op order! Yes! I have been waiting for this day for forever! :D :D We have been out of wheat for the last age, also we bought some rye so I am going to attempt making rye bread. :) I was even going to do a bread making marathon tonight but...

Oh, the sadness. We are almost out of yeast! We only have two packets left. :( :( :( I am going to put the bread making on hold until Saturday. Hopefully, on Saturday morning, someone will be willing to take me to the store. I have all this stuff stored up that I want to make.

On Saturday, if we can get to the supermarket, I want to make rye bread, dark rye, marbled bread, regular wheat bread, lemon poppyseed bread, and I might do some sort of sandwhich bread if I'm feeling particularly industrious. If I don't feel have dead on Sunday night then I'm totally making cinnamon rolls or orange rolls, they would be an awesome start to my Monday. :)

Also, I want someone, anyone, I know to have an over abundance of garden zuchinni and tomatoes. I further want them to relieve themselves of it by giving it to meeeee! :) If they want to throw in some cucumber, I won't complain.
I really want to make a bunch of zuchinni bread, I want to use the tomatoes in a expirimental combination of two recipes: Tomato Pie and Potato Pizza, and I would make cucumber sandwiches with the, er, cucumber. :P

I am totally having a garden when I grow up.

So, that's all.

No comments: