Seven Friday Shorts

1. Yesterday the hit rant "Daily Grind" was going live when no one showed up to hear it. This rant is free to anyone interested and free for anyone not interested. This rant begins with the rhetorical question, "Do you know how badly I do not want to go to work today?" or "Do you want to know how badly I do not want to go to work tomorrow?" depending on the time of the day that the rant is performed. For more official coverage, see www.dailygrind.com. Remember that this special rant is available on request and free to anyone and everyone.

2. This has been a very stressful week for me. For instance, today I will write this and then work on a library book that needs to get finished. I won't finish it because I need to eat breakfast and then help clean the kitchen. I will not have time to finish the cleaning or go to the post office because I do not want to be late for work. I will go work on something stressing in between thinking about all the things I need to do (Talent Night, church slides, library book and movie, supper making, the unwashed kitchen floor, unmailed letters, etc., etc., etc.) plus the fact that I'm not doing so hot at my job because it's, at the moment, stressing and difficult. That all equals up to, "I wanna go home!!" Home, however, is not much better because by the time I get home I will have to scramble wildly to get supper made and on the table in a timely manner, then it will need to be eaten, this is followed by me doing the supper table. At this point I will have 2-3 hours of which to accomplish some things, let me predict: I will be too weak minded to pick any task and make headway in it. Eventually I will sleep. This whole brain numbing episode will then be more or less repeated in this funny little thing called tomorrow.

3. I need a good meal, really badly. I've been hungry for days, food has been very unappealing to me. I'm hungry but I don't eat much. Maybe it's because I feel like I have so much in my stomach that my brain doesn't realize that I need to spend more than five minutes at the table or maybe it's that I just don't find what we've been eating lately appealing enough.

4. So far: happy post! :P On something nicer: last night we watched a whole bunch of Monk, like an embarrassing amount. :P That show can be one minute hilarious and the next face-in-hands-I-can't-look. :P Goodness does Monk have some bizarre cases: men in a coma bombing family members, women with monstrous leg fractures running around and shooting people, men drowning in mid air, 800 pound men moving around unhelped and beating up ladies.... How do they come up with this stuff?

5. I'm getting pretty excited about Talent Night! This has potential, I just need to get some time and fix the script up (mostly removing the possibly offense jokes and adding in less offensive ones). Our other idea needs more work and is going to be harder, I need sometime to come up with a plan of action and then to excecute it.

6. 5-7 days? How unprofessional can you get?

7. I think I'm pretty excited about Saturday evening! Nervous, of course, because I'm always nervous but excited, too. :)

No comments: