A Dream I Dreamt

Last night I had an interesting three-part dream. I do not remember all the parts vividly but I think that it is worth jotting down, particularly the final third.
The dream began with something about housesitting our neighbor's home or else breaking into it and sneaking around in it. Our neighbor lived on a small hill surrounded by forest somewhere near a pond or marsh. I do not recall exactly what we did or at what point her house caught on fire.

Well, I should not say her house, per se, but her belongings caught on fire. We (my family and I) tried in vain to put out the small little fires about her house but it was all in vain. One particular fire arrested my particular interest. It was a particularly hot and violent fire right under her laptop computer. I tried every method I knew to put it out; I was desperate because--hello!--this was the neighbor’s laptop computer! Why wouldn't I try desperately not to see it melted down? I recall that this caused me a lot of stress. (Why did my dreamself not just move the computer away, I don't know.) The computer got so hot the side of it started bubbling but it did not break, I know this because the computer was on the entire time and the screen did not change. The computer was actively melting before my very eyes but I witnessed no change in its performance. It may interest you lovely people to know: this ends the first third of my dream. I do not recall anything else about this. I do not know if that fire was ever put out or not. Who knows, maybe all my family was caught sneaking around in my neighbor’s house and only I escaped to continue the dream?

I left our neighbor's house to go to a retreat/camp (or else I just stopped there on the way home?). The camp was set beside the swamp/marsh area near my neighbor's house. I do not remember much but at one point I had a run in with some very, very (extremely!) gross goop. (Run in as in, stepped in it.) Looking back on my memory of the dream, it wasn't all that bad, a little icky perhaps but nothing like what I felt in my dream. In my dream I was irrationally grossed out by it, almost petrified by it because it grossed me out so much.

The camp was some sort of Christian camp. Apparently I knew one of the leaders and was on friendly terms with him. I had something of a spiritual discussion with him whilst walking along a firm strip of grass with tree stumps sticking out of it. At the end of the strip of grass was the aforementioned gross mire. As we walked along I made a comment about how gross it was. He agreed that yes, it was pretty nasty. At the end of the strip, I found out, to my great surprise, that the mire that he had thought I was talking about was some mire that I had never noticed before. There was some spiritual lesson given to me by him about this incident but I do not recall what it was. (Wish I did! Though, come to think of it, it was probably not as good a lesson as my dreamself thought it was.)

The scene changed: I was at something with a bunch of people, mostly people I know. I do not know why these individuals were gathered together but they were. The building we were in was quite an interesting specimen, sort of a cafeteria. There was a wide open carpeted section set up with tables and chairs, another room with freezers set up like a grocery store, the restrooms, and maybe another room.

That sets the scene for this final bit in which I dreamt that I was popular. It was really great; people liked to hang out with me and talk to me; they laughed at all my jokes. I also happened to know a lot about pop culture and was very fond of food.

I seriously ate a ton while I was at this fellowship thing, I just happened to walk around with piles of food. I got some of it from the freezers and some of it was just handed to me. (Hello, I’m popular, people think it is an honor to hand me food! :P ) I had more than I could eat but I ate a lot of it, and in dreams sweets and baked goods have no long- or short-term effects. I am sure I made an unholy mess while eating my goodies, I probably dropped a lot of it and made a bunch of crumbs, trying to eat while holding a pile of food can do that, you know.

I had a blast talking to people and, while doing my own thing (like getting food out of the freezers!), having people walk up to me and take my arm and just chill. No conversation! Friends do not require conversation. (Though conversation is excellent, it is anything but everything.)

This shows something of my personality, I think. I feel loved when people like to be with me, when people think my company is worth having. You don’t have to give me anything or do anything for me--though I am perfectly happy to receive either of those kindnesses--but all you have to do is sit beside me because sitting beside me makes you happy and in turn makes me happy.

One of the numerous things I ate was very messy and sticky and yummy, I went into the female water closet to wash my hands. Inside the water closet there were two (large) stalls and one of them was occupied by about a dozen girls and the other was occupied by a dozen or so boys. Both groups were simply goofing off/hanging out and thinking nothing amiss. Even as I dreamt, I thought something was rather funky about that scenario but my dreamself thought nothing of it. My dreamself merely washed its hands, had a short exchange with a young lady, and exited the room.

Right about this time, I woke up. Thus ends my very fascinating dream. I should make it appoint to write down my dreams more often. I don’t know about the greater population but I, at least, find them very interesting and often enjoyable. I do enjoy dreaming, it’s fun.

In other news, I am currently sitting in the library, waiting for my sister to get out of driver’s ed and wearing jealousy-inducing “Sock it to Me” socks. ;)

No comments: