Yesterday, &c.

I am typing this on my iPod Touch. I used to write all my posts on here because I had very little computer time but since I got a laptop (about a month ago) I have been writing my posts on that. Today it is the iPod because my laptop is Not Working.

Yesterday morning I went to use my computer for something and it would not boot up. I tried a few things to try and get it to be good but it was stubbornly naughty. I stressed over it, came up with some worst case scenarios before I turned it off and left it to sit. I figured I would set it aside and not worry about it, I figured it would probably work out its problems on its own.

I did various unimportant things that borning. Things like laundry and reading murder mysteries.

At about noon I remembered that I had PowerPoint that needed to be made before the following day. I would have sat down at my laptop and did it right then and there except that I was busy cooking for Sunday lunch. We were planning to pack a lunch and I figured a stuffed loaf would be an easy thing to pack. I timed it so that it would be out of the oven between 5-5:30.

My siblings who were performing in the Christmas program had to leave for church at 4:45PM but the rest of the people didn't have to leave until 5:30. I figured I would have the food done in plenty of time to leave the house with the 5:30 people. I baked happily away. I sort of braided the loaves and they braided much nicer than the last time I tried this recipe. The were very nice, actually.

About ten minutes before I put the loaves into the oven two revelations came upon me.
--How was I to make PowerPoint slides if I couldn't get my computer to work?
--The shopping people aren't actually coming home so I have to go with the 4:45 people and the food is not going to be finished baking until 5:20.

Ahhhh! <--- My very intelligent thought process. I was, seriously, sick with the stress of those two little things. Yesterday marks the day that I did my very best crying impression. I was so close to tears that it was very easy to cover my face with my hands and produce the appropriate sounds.

I felt positively terrible for awhile. I felt better when I realized that I didn't have to make anywhere as many slides as I needed to and that, even though the food would be terrible and I had just wasted a bunch of time and effort on it, it really wasn't the end of the world.

I went to the Christmas Concert and had a grand time. A really smashing time, actually. I think that I was almost as nervous as my little siblings were and I didn't have any sort of part.

Then I went home and got all sad and depressed all over again because my almost-brand-new, very expensive computer wouldn't turn on! :'( Three emotions that come with that: anger, sadness, and embarrassment. Fun, no?

1 comment:

Kate said...

I hope your computer gets it's act together and starts working!