Hair and Stitches and Music

I have that song, Til There Was You, from The Music Man stuck in my head. "There was looooove all aroooound but I never heeeaaard it siiiinging, no I never heeaaard it at aaaall, til there was yooooouuuu."

Today I woke up about five minutes before I had to leave for an appointment. Stupid alarm.

It was a hair cutting appointment. I went to this fancy cutting place but they cut my hair for free. If you donate your hair through them, they cut your hair, send your hair off, and then style your hair, all at no cost! It was really a nifty deal.

Well, I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted it to look like after I was done. I haven't done anything but straight across the bottom in forever and I have long since given up on bangs. She gave me a book with pictures in it while she combed my hair and cut the hair for donation off. I showed her the first style in the book that I liked and she did that.

I dare say, it is very short. I do not recall ever having hair as short as my hair is now. My siblings say I should have gotten bangs but I wasn't quite that brave. I am not sure if I like it or not. I think I do but I am still getting used it to. It is very, very different and getting used to it will be a hump.

When I got home I was greeted with the news that Dad had seven stitches in his head. Apparently a hefty sheet of metal fell on his head at about 3AM this morning and sliced it open. He was taken to the emergency room and stitched up and sent home for the night. He has today off now, doctor's orders.

I haven't seen the stitches yet. If I do not see his impressive war wound I will be most seriously put out.

3 comments:

Toyin O. said...

I hope your dad is okay:)

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I love your haircut. You chose well. ;)

~Queen Lucy~

Kiwi D. Fruit said...

I'm still waiting to see it! Will you be at caroling tomorrow?