A Tale of Hope and Faith

You may have noticed that I am currently reading The Ladies of Grace Adieu by Susanna Clarke. If you do not know who Susanna Clarke is, shame on you! She is the author of that massive tome titled Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. The Ladies of Grace Adieu is her second book. (I hope that there is a third coming!)

This past Thursday I went to the library in Nearbyville to read out my sister's driver's ed class. I noted the thirty cent outdated chips beside the door and scanned the YA books for something interesting. (Did you know that they do/did shelve War and Peace among the young adult books?) I also looked to see if they had the movie Singin' in the Rain because if they did I would've checked it out and eagerly anticipated the watching of it. They did not have it and that put me out of sorts.

I had about two hours to kill so I had to find something to entertain myself with. I did something that I did every time I ran across any collection of books, I looked to see if they had a book that I have been wanting to read for about three years. I went and looked among the Cs on the adult fiction shelf. Much to my surprise, awe, and wonder, a book that I never expected to be there was there! The Ladies of Grace Adieu! O.o

Let me say, I immediately sat down and read the first two chapters. The first chapter was a rather odd story about two ladies turning into owls and eating two men and then coughing up their bones into their napkins. The second one was a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin.

Sadly, I have not had a chance to read any more since then but I look forward to reading the other short stories in this book. :) Is my tale of hope and faith very inspirational? lol

No comments: