The Music's Fine Like Sparkling Wine

Last week I dreamed that I went to a dance, I don't remember much about it at all. I remember this, though, a really cute boy asked me to dance. It was pretty swell.

My partner was actually engaged to a really sweet girl who was at the dance. I do not know why he didn't dance with her. She didn't dance with anybody but she did enjoy herself. (How one has fun at a dance without dancing is beyond me!)

Before our second dance my partner asked me to hold something for him in my pocket. Something he couldn't dance with, mainly, his engagement ring. Dreamland is an interesting place, a place where men and women wear engagement rings and cannot dance with them on. I didn't think much of it at the time, I put his ring in my pocket and we danced a second time.

Sometime during the dance, a little later on, my partner's fiancee came up to me and asked me a favor. I guess that she assumed, since her betrothed had danced two dances that I was All Right. She asked me if I would hold something for her, mainly, her engagement ring. Of course I would, happy to oblige, I put her ring in my other pocket and went about my merry way.

Sometime later, I felt something strange in my pocket. I pulled out the contents and to my extremely great dismay I found two or three pieces of an engagement ring in one pocket and two or three pieces of a second ring in my other pocket! I was so dismayed! Sorrows of sorrows!

I wept piteously when I told the happy couple the sorrowful news. I felt so awful! Their engagement rings--their engagement rings--had broken while they were under my care! It was horrible, awful! How would you feel? Doubtless, you would feel the same.

I went to a real, wide-awake dance on Sunday! I was really nervous about it before I got there because people said it would be dancing none stop for two and a half hours! I didn't know if I could do it without short pauses with which to organize my thoughts.

After we got there and started dancing I felt better. There were short pauses so I was able to get reorganize and take a minute to think, "This is my left. This is my right." I am afraid I did a horrible job! All my square dancing skills left me when I took the floor with my partner. That sentence deserves a sad face. :'(

Still, it was fun to flounder around the dance floor without rhyme or reason. The snacks afterward were amazing! Cookery people are awesome, the way to my heart is through my sweet tooth, I tell you. Take note of this, friends, if you make yummy food then I will love you.

But please serve me your food when I am alone in a very dark room so that no one will be able to witness the pigging out of your truly.

No comments: