Oh, for Shame!

In case you were wondering, my favorite poem is still El Dorado by Edgar Allen Poe. Just sayin'.

Anyways. Now, to the actual topic of this post: I shame myself. A lot. I am always doing stuff that I am ashamed of afterward.

I am always doing something foolish or messing up or else just being stupid. It's awful.

Do you know what I have been stressing out about for the last three days? Work. I do not have to go to work until tomorrow but for the last three, workless days I have been stressing about things like whether or not Karina will throw a fit and what I'll make Saul for dinner.

That fact shames me. Seriously now, it's not that big a deal! I stress over the stupidest things. If Karina decides to cry her eyes out she runs out of tears eventually and I'm rarely there for the actual eating of the food I make for Saul so I don't have to know whether or not they consume it joyfully. I can only make guesses by how much is leftover in the fridge.

Tomorrow Karenina has therapy in far-off town. Tomorrow shouldn't be a bad day. I hope.

I do not know why I am writing about this. Sure, why not just ask people to mock you for eternity? Because I apparently do not mind being mocked, here are some other things that shame me:
--What I consume and what I do for exercise (I was going to go to the gym with my fine mother this morning but I was busy flipping pancakes)
--How much I am worrying about what I am going to wear to Les Miserables
--What I told one of my friends two weeks ago
--How immature I am when it comes to birthdays
--How lazy I am
--What I used my tongue for

The list goes on. I think I am going to go crawl under a rock now. Fare thee well.

No comments: