Forty-Three Questions

Remember those days when tagging was all the rage? I figured I would revive the game momentarily. I am redoing this tag that I did about two years ago. If you wanna go back and find my last tag you can compare my answers. See how things have changed in the last two years.

1. Were you named after anyone?
I have the same middle name as my grandmother and my aunt.

2. When was the last time you cried?
At a funeral, a couple of weeks ago.

3. Do you like your handwriting?
I don't really think about it but when I do, no.

4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Um...what?

5. Do you have kids?
No, I do not. I'm surprised you had to ask.

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
This is an interesting question. I'm not one of those everybody's-best-friend kind of people. I think I would probably like myself but I don't think I'd be very good friends with myself.

7. Do you use sarcasm?
Yes.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
...Yes.

9. Would you bungee jump?
Probably not.

10. What is your favorite cereal?
I am a fan of Wheatie's Fuel cereal. I like it for three reasons: the packaging is orange and black, it tastes good, and the box says "The breakfast of Champions" on it. I say "The breakfast of champions!!!" in a dramatic voice while I am eating it. It thrills me to no end.

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Sometimes, not always.

12. What is your favorite ice cream?
I love all ice cream. I like everything from vanilla to Rocky Road to key lime to chocolate to Grasshopper. I love it all. Except strawberry, I don't care for strawberry ice cream.

13. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Whether or not they seem happy. It really bothers me when people don't smile. If a person smiles a lot or generally seems pleasant, I like them. I also notice the way they talk, what they say, how they put words together, their accent, and so on.

14. Red or pink?
Red, definitely. Pink is all right, I don't mind it. Definitely not my favorite, though.

15. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
How ungracious and thoughtless I am. And how forgetful/klutzy/unthinking I am.

16. Who do you miss the most?
Nooooot telllllinggg. :P

17. Do you want everyone to complete this list?
I don't really care. I think these lists are more fun to complete than they are to read.

18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
I am wearing blue jean shorts. I am not wearing shoes but my socks are white.

19. What are you listening to?
The sound of the fan and the keyboard keys. Not much, right?

20. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I would be orange. It's a unique color. It takes the right person to like a color like me. And I would want to be a color that I like and I like orange.

21. Favorite smell?
...Men's Cologne. Last week, in church, somebody smelled really good. *ahem*

22. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Isaiah. I probably talk on the phone with him more than anyone I know. Friends, don't fear the phone! :P

23. Favorite sport to watch?
This used to be basketball, a long time ago when I was much, much younger. My favorite sport to watch would probably be baseball. I also like watching soccer (on TV) because it is so dramatic. And I want some fine fellow to watch a football game with me and painstakingly explain and reexplain every single move and define and redefine all the lingo.

24. Hair color?
I have illegitimate hair, neither blonde nor red. Strawberry blonde is what they call it. On other people my favorite hair colors are for girls, firstly red, secondly brunette, and thirdly blonde. On boys I like brown, then red, then blonde.

25. Eye color?
My eyes are blue, sometimes a greenish blue.

26. Do you wear contacts?
As of currently I do not. Most of the time I like my face better with glasses than without.

27. Favorite food?
Anything that tastes yummy. Generally things that taste yummy to me are unhealthy.

28. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings, always happy endings.

29. Last movie you watched?
Dear me, the last movie I watched? I cannot think. The last thing I watched was the most recent episode of Doctor Who, last Sunday. I cannot think much beyond that.

30. What color shirt are you wearing?
I am wearing a navy and white striped tank top.

31. Summer or winter?
Summer, minus some of the hot weather.

32. Hugs or kisses?
Huuugs. I give them out at no charge.

33. Most likely to respond?
Does responding mean commenting or doing the tag?

34. Least likely to respond?
See above.

35. What book are you reading now?
I was reading The Great Gatsby but then I lost it and haven't picked up anything since. I admit, I haven't read a book in a looong time. In a crazy long time, I don't know what happened?

36. What is on your mouse pad?
I've got a touchpad, thank you very much.

37. What did you watch on TV last night?
Nothing.

38. Favorite sound?
Laughter.

39. Rolling stones or Beatles?
Definitely the Beatles. I only know one Rolling Stones song, Start Me Up.

40. What is the farthest you have been from home?
The far corner of Maine.

41. Do you have a special talent?
Is being severely not ADD a talent?

42. Where were you born?
Somewhere in Illinois.

43. Whose answers are you looking forward to getting back?
Anyone I care about, those answers I will be interested to read.

The enddd.

3 comments:

Eric Schonblom said...

Regarding the color orange, which is unique…

You can look it up. The color orange did not exist until the year 1600, just over 400 years ago. The word does not appear, for example, in the 1611 "Authorized Version" of the Bible. English-speaking people made do with gold, flame-colored, yellow-red, etc. When the fruit of that name came to England, its name began with an "n", as do almost all foreign names for the fruit, but "a norange" (or something like that) sounded like "an orange", and that was the eventual spelling for the color.

Kate said...

Huuuugs are the best! So warm and lovely and loving and awesome. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hi It's Shawn L.

1. Were you named after anyone?
Shawn : I'm named after Sean Connery, my middle name after my father.

2. When was the last time you cried?
Shawn : After talking to Christina H on Thursday.

3. Do you like your handwriting?
Shawn : It's ok

4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Shawn : Turkey

5. Do you have kids?
Shawn : 3 kids

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?

Shawn : I think so, but his humor sometimes is so off and full of awkward silences.

7. Do you use sarcasm?
Shawn : Yes.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Shawn : Yes.

9. Would you bungee jump?
Shawn : If I was younger in a heartbeat.

10. What is your favorite cereal?
Shawn : Cracklin' Oat Bran

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Shawn : sometimes

12. What is your favorite ice cream?
Shawn : Banana split. Those are insane

13. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Shawn : If they are smiling or not or if they have a concern that is showing up in their face that is hard for them to say.

14. Red or pink?
Shawn : Pink I think

15. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
Shawn : Sometimes I'm mean.

16. Who do you miss the most?
Shawn : My grandma

17. Do you want everyone to complete this list?
Shawn : not sure.

18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Shawn : Jeans, and tennis shoes the same I always where. Nothing fancy

19. What are you listening to?
Shawn : Within Temptation (Jullian - I'd give my heart). Some of their songs are horrible but this song rules I can't sing that high so I love it. Odd since yesterday it was Keith Green and the day before Skillet on permanent repeat since I never heard the song "Awake and Alive" and I liked it.


20. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Shawn : Blue

21. Favorite smell?
Shawn : Not sure

22. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Shawn : Answering machine

23. Favorite sport to watch?
Shawn : Water Sports (diving mostly) and tennis

24. Hair color?
Shawn : something

26. Do you wear contacts?
Shawn : no

27. Favorite food?
Shawn : Lasagna

28. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings

29. Last movie you watched?
Shawn : Star Wars

30. What color shirt are you wearing?
Shawn : red/white

31. Summer or winter?
Summer

32. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs always are cool. I really really like hugs


35. What book are you reading now?
Shawn : The Intelligent Investor and the Bible

36. What is on your mouse pad?
Shawn : A picture of the fam

37. What did you watch on TV last night?
Shawn : Star Wars

39. Rolling stones or Beatles?
Shawn : Beatles rule

40. What is the farthest you have been from home?
Shawn : Italy

41. Do you have a special talent?
Shawn : Computers

42. Where were you born?
Shawn : Beloit

43. Whose answers are you looking forward to getting back?
Shawn : anybodies.