Marshmellow Shampoo

Sometime yesterday I suddenly felt a desperate need to wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo. Quite suddenly, my hair felt weighed down, full, gross, so forth with the buildup of shampoo and other products.

Naturally, this happened while I was at work and then when I got home I was so tired that I pretty much went to bed directly after eating.

This morning I took measures to fix the problem. I dumped a bunch of baking soda into a small bowl, probably two or three tablespoons worth. On top of that I poured in the last of the shampoo in my almost empty bottle. (Why do they make conditioner bottles so much bigger than shampoo bottles?) I mixed the concoction up, it was white, sticky, and sort of stringy. It reminded me of that marshmellow fluffy stuff that you use to make fluffernutter sandwiches. I probably had maybe a half cup of my concoction in the bowl.

I then showered, shampooing my hair in the normal way using all of what I had in the bowl. I scrubbed all of my hair thoroughly and then rinsed for several minutes. I did not condition my hair, partially because I was lazy and partially because I didn't want to put any sort of product into my hair directly after doing this clarifying procedure. (That's not really a big deal, I am not really a very religious conditioner user. I use it off and on depending on what my hair feels like after shampooing.)

After showering I let my hair dry a bit before brushing it. You all must know that brushing wet hair is not good. I let it dry long enough so that brushing it wouldn't be damaging but it was still wet when I eventually did so. I put it in a braid.

This all was probably about an hour ago. My hair is still wet, which is normal. It feels so much nicer than it did yesterday. It's in a braid, like I said, but as far as I can see it looks just fine. We'll see how it goes today and tomorrow and the days after that.

So, there is a little bit on today's hygienic procedures. Judge away! :)

1 comment:

Kiwi D. Fruit said...

Never even thought of the baking soda myself. Thank you for the suggestion. I feel the need for some deep-cleansing shampoo now and then. Mum used to buy some special stuff to use every few weeks or so, but doesn't anymore and I never felt like it helped.
Doesn't it take a while to rinse all the baking soda back out of your hair, though?


I feel like I should comment on here more often. I really liked the video snippet of Carl and Ellie. Awwww. =)

See you tomorrow!
~Laura~