Freedom? What's That?

"America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown they good with brotherhood, from sea to shining sea!"
A store in California is purposefully breaking the law today. A bunch of celebrity-type (grand)parents are buying something that it is illegal to sell. On purpose! Just to spite the government and strike a blow for freedom. You'll never guess what's being sold.
No, not in a million years.
Want me to tell you what it is?
No, seriously, do you?
You do, don't you?
You're that curious.
Fine, I'll tell you. They're selling bikes. You know, those metal contraptions with the wheels and you sit on it and push the petals and the chain makes the wheels spin. Remember those?
Well, they're illegal. Banned, hazardous, not allowed--illegal!
I suppose you want to know why? Two reasons.
1) That little valve thing for putting air in the tires contains lead. Mini-decimal amounts that will not kill you, but it's there and kids are gonna eat it and will therefore be poisoned.
2) Bikes are made of scrap (I thought recycling was a good thing) metal and so you can never know how much lead is in them and we all know that kid's eat their bikes.
Well, they're gone now. The world is a better place. :)
Did you further know kid's ball point pens are illegal and in a city about a hour from where I live fat chickens aren't allowed on the street?
Well, now you know.

4 comments:

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Whow. That's awfull! Are we supposed to recycle or not??

We got your email. It piqued my curiosity, but we need to know what time on Wednesday, because we have bible study on Wednesday night @ 6:30.
I have an idea as to what we may be doing, but I'll just wait and see. If my idea is correct....This is gonna be fun!
And I told M&D about the "suicide jumper" Improve Everywhere skit. That would have been so fun to see or be in!

And lastly, we won't be at church on Sunday. We're going down to IA to be with G&G for my birthday. :D (I'm older than you are, I'm older than you are, I'm older than you are.....;D)
So I'll see you NEXT Sunday...hope to stay in touch between now and then!
~Kiwi d. F.~

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Er, I think I meant "Improv" not "Improve"

netsirK said...

That's so incredibly stupid. O.O I like my bike.

CrimeSceneFairy said...

o.O O.o o.O O.o o.O Yes of course kids eat bikes they should have been made illegal YEARS ago!
=P
that's the most ridiculus thing I ever heared of.