Well...I Don't Have a Title Today

Well, I think spring has pretty much officially arrived. Well, possibly. It was nice and warm today. I like the weather right about now. Not to hot, not to cold, and minimal bugs. Yay! I'm sorry but insects really annoy me. I feel like Eustace, "he liked bugs, if they were dead and pinned on a card." Dead bugs are cool, alive ones aren't.

I went for a walk today, as all of you who follow my Twitter know. I saw something I find to be hilarious. On one of the streets back behind our house there was a sign infront of a empty-lot-one-corn-field that read something like "coming soon" yadda yadda "community church." Why do I find this funny?
The town in which I live is mini-decimal. There's only barely a thousand people and yet we have 7+ churches. A wide selection of denominations, there's a Baptist, a Catholic, a Presbyterian, a Lutheran, a Emmanuel Reformed (is that denomination? *isn't sure*), and who knows what else and yet someone is trying to build a church here.

*snickers* That's why I laughed. I'd probably do the same if anyone came and set up a dentistry. Downright hilarious. Laugh already! :P

I also got "lost" in the smallest and most unimpressive way. I knew exactly were I was I just didn't turn down the street I'd meant to and couldn't exactly remember if the street I was on was a dead end or not. It wasn't.

Went to the library, also. The librarian said she really, really liked our video. I didn't/forgot to ask how many other entries there were, but she acted like she actually loved it. Yay. *is happy*

Other sighting included:
A boy playing basketball.
A teenaged boy in red shorts talking on his cellphone well taking in the garbage.
Other hearings included:
And I had the most esteemed privilege of hearing a girl swear in accent. It was cute...in a uncute sort of way... (And you thought with all the churches we were superholy. *snorts*)

Ah, the sweet smells of grilling, beer, cigarette smoke, and gasoline that come with spring.

1 comment:

Brittany November said...

Oh, geez. It's the same around where I live. The nearest "town" is 400 people, but we have a church that could seat 1,000. *Dorks* ;)