Gone! And You and I Quite Crestfallen

I think most of you, maybe all, will know what I'm talking about if I say the official statement as arrived. Well, it arrived a few days ago. Whatever.

I must say, I've seen Peter write better, oh well... I'm pleased to hear he isn't dying nor fighting some major spiritual battle (which is interesting 'cause aren't we always doing that?) and is just quitting 'cause he feels like retiring at forty-two. Which is his business, of course.

"Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye,
My old friend.
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye,
We've reached the end."
(Audio Adrenaline, Goodbye)*

I guess this is the end, Peter played his last show on the thirteenth, I think. He made one of those guest appearances at the show in WA, on Friday.

He's gone, he's really...gone. Not in the band any more (*looks pointedly at whoever jumped on Dunny, you know who you are*), pretty much gone. I'm not sure if it's sunk in yet. I had the idea that he'd be still on in-studio and just not a touring member. That Tait would be strictly for tours and Peter would be strictly for studio. It appears I was wrong.

Let's see, no more shows, no more singing (maybe he'll do guest BGV on future records? They might allow it), no more...being in the band except as friend, prayer partner, songwriter (um? what's this supposed to mean? He'll write songs for Mike to sing? Am I the only one who finds that odd?), and what's the other one? Oh, yeah, cheerleader. :P Ever seen a cheerleader decked out in Flying J black?

In other news, guess what was in my inbox the other morning? Yep, you guessed it, the podcasts are returning!

Still other news, my brother turned six yesterday. Still can't say "supercalafrajalisticexpalidocious" or however you spell it yet. Got to work on that. :P We had blueberry kuchen with the kind of ice cream with "vanilla specks" in it. No good Googling "kuchen" has it's the German word for "cake" and you won't get any one answer.

Dad: Are you gonna eat all that?
Sister #7: Yeah.
Dad: You gonna let the rest of us starve?
Sister #7: Yeah.

Me: What's this?
Sister #1: She doesn't think she has enough ice cream.
Sister #3: Yeah, she's trying to make a statement about her weight.

And we may finally be about to order our Join the Tribe tickets. Hurrah! Anyone wanna come?

*Perfect song, Kiwi, thanks for that.

3 comments:

Brittany November said...

I don't care. You don't have to be secretive about me saying that because I'd say it again ;) Duncan still had no business saying that "Peter is not in the band" because Peter still considers himself in the band as a writer (Which makes me wonder why Steve Taylor was never considered a newsboy? Hmmm...)and therefore is still in the band, just not on tour. Duncan may be a nice person and all that but what he said was uncalled for (I'm having another one of those personal opinions again...let's just hope Duncan's not reading this ;)) Now, as Forest Gump would say "Dat's all I have to say 'bout dat."

Happy birthday Owan's brother! :-D

Daughter of Eve said...

"Gone! And you and I quite crestfallen." I know where that's from! :P Oh, I just love that book...

~Queen Lucy~

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Ellow. :( I know it hasn't sunken in for me yet. :( :(
Wha? Podcasts? Wha? Which podcasts? Whose?