The Newest Member of the To-Read

Today I put E.L. Doctorow's Ragtime on my two read list. It looks like it will be a fascinating book--when one of the protagonists is named Coalhouse Walker, how can it not be fascinating?

I heard some of the tunes from the musical (Nothing Like the City and Coalhouse's Solliloquy mainly) on my Pandora and got curious about the actual storyline of the musical which led me to Wikipedia where I learned the whole thing was based on a book. I went and looked up the book on Goodreads to see what it was about and see what the rating was and what have you. I learned a spoiler I didn't really want to know from one of the member's reviews but I was convinced that I do want to read it so it wasn't an all bad site trip.

I also went to the library's database and found that they have two in the county system, I will see if we can pick that book up Thursday on the way home from Bible study. Don't you just love the internet? It is so useful.

Another super nice thing about this read is that I can successfully classify it as school reading. Super big bonus because otherwise I would have to wait until break/graduation...or else give in and read it, I could bear the guilt. :P

I guess I will have to post again after I have read it and let y'all know what I thought of it.

No comments: