On Being Busy

I think that right now my family could be said to be busy.

We are moving our store. You see, the store used to be an mall of sorts but the mall went out of business so we have to clear out and find a new base from which to opporate. I don't really want to go into all that but, yes, we're moving and tomorrow is our last day. Tomorrow is going to be an extremely long day. In an effort to remove our possessions from the building Heather, Kelsey, Katelyn, Dad, and I took who knows how many van trips and moved about fifty pieces of (heavy) furniture. Mostly wood shelves but also some metal ones and some display cases (we didn't break any of the glass!). In the last week we've also transported many, many (triple digits) 25+ pound boxes into our barn. Oi. Furthermore, to get from the store to the street you have to climb a twenty-step staircase. Number of times up and down that staircase: countless.
The whole thing is a mess, I tell you.

Tomorrow will be the sorting, transporting, heaache of a moving stuff project.

Thursday, is there even life after moving? If we survive to see Thursday, April 1st than we will have much to be thankful for. We're going to meet up with friends Thursday night and have a blast causing a scene. (Maybe Bible study in the morning, too.)

I am trying to get a cart load of school done this week because I'd like to be able to sag that yes, I can be productive and because next week is lookin' like a busy one. Next week: work (hopefully), PowerPoint, and a friend over on Tuesday. So, I am trying to get myself at least three no-chemistry days (because if I get chemistry out of the way I have a hunk of free time compared to all my other subjects that don't take up much time). This week I will be cramming inbetween being drowned in the moving Mt. Everest project, think I can complete module 9 before Monday? I hope I can do it!

Don't let me forget that we have an interview on the Sunday after next. Thanks.

Upcoming project (like tomorrow or next Wed.) is looking critically at my copious amounts of clothes as to which pieces are worth saving until next winter and which pieces are not, which pieces are ugly and I don't need, etc. I do, I admit, have way too many clothes. (At least, when I only actually wear a few of them all the others are Too Many). That will be a project but will feel good when it is done.

Add to that everyday things like cleaning, cooking, laundry, cleaning, eating, sleeping, etc.

That is pretty much it, does it look like busy to you? Whenever I feel busy I right down everything I have to do and I am always shocked at how extremely short the list is. Reasons for that are that my tasks are easier to write than to do/their names are shorter than they are or that I really am not busy and my imagination is blowing things out of proportion, all the stress is for nothing!

Another good thing for me to do would be to make it a point not to get annoyed with Blank + Blank. That would definitely a good thing.

Ending question: can you tell that I don't proof read before I post?

No comments: