Unused Facebook Statuses

During the course of yesterday I came up with/was struck by/came upon three different Facebook statuses. I never posted them on Facebook, I am instead posting them here, otherwise they would be living out the rest of their lives in The Land of Unused Creative Ideas which is a desert full of nasty things like dry waterholes and mirages. They would live the horriblest life a status could live, so, you see, putting them here is an act of charity on my part.

1. "'Last one into the water's a man standing all by himself on the beach!'" or "likes Luggage" Those statuses translated are "is reading Terry Pratchett's The Last Continent" and "likes Terry Pratchett." More or less, translations are nigh on impossible to get perfect.

2. "Oh, father, everyone of those sweeps shook your hand. You're going to be the luckiest man alive!" or "A wooden leg named Smith." Those translate, roughly, into the same thing: "is watching Mary Poppins and it's great."

3. "Now, no need to worry, master, not while I'm around. I've got the reflexes of a panther. Well, maybe not a panther, more like a highly-strung farm animal, but I'm pretty limber. These frogs, they don't scare me. By the time I'm through with them, there'll be nothing left but their little frog legs -- which I hear can make for some pretty good eating. I wonder how they came up with that recipe? 'Uh-oh, Marcel. We're out of snails -- quick grab that frog.' Ha-ha -- it's pretty funny, huh? But seriously, master...master? Master!!!" Translation: "I am listening to The Frogs from The Frogs and it is weird but this bit amuses me." Again, of course, translation is not perfect and do not hate on me for not having perfect translations on my blog. :)

So, really, my Saturday was very lovely and lazy: played train set with my little siblings, read, watched a movie or two, cleaned a little, ate breakfast and lunch and super, showered--typical Hang-Out Saturday, it was great. :)

No comments: