On Living with the Common Cold

That sounds like a title to an essay, an essay that G.K. Chesterton would write, and write very impressively--very amusingly, too.

I, however, do not write essays. I suspect that if I were to try it would most likely not be an A++ essay and I would not enjoy writing it. I wouldn't enjoy writing it because I am a perfectionist and perfectionists do not enjoy doing things that they do not think they do well. (Which is just about everything).

Or...I think. I do not exactly claim to be a brilliant in the subject of psychology. (Nor do I claim to be the last say on whether this is psychology or not).

On colds:

It is remarkably hard to elaborate on colds because there is barely anything worth saying except that they are nasty, vile, evil-to-the-core and should be banished to the dark abyss. It could really be a very effective torture ward. You could send evil people down to that abyss and within say, a week, you would have a perfectly docile reformed evil person.

On my particular cold:

I have had this cold for too long. I've had it since, like, Tuesday. At first it was just a really bad sore throat, earache, and headache. Then, sometime yesterday, my sore throat disappeared. Today my earache has very much retreated. (Yay!) But now, poor me, my nose is running three marathons simultaneously. My headache seems very intent on an extended vacation through the spring and then through the summer.

Do you know how hard it is to study the sixteenth module of your chemistry when you feel this way?

Yes, I said sixteenth. :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I feel your cold in the back of my throat. It hurts. I believe it will get worse.

Happy day no more science!