Why I am Still Awake at 11PM

I just watched the freakiest movie in the history of all the freaky movies I've seen. Namely, The Village. I possessed white knuckles through the entire thing and my heart definitely skipped several beats inbetween running a major triathalon. (Maybe you wouldn't find it as suspense full as I did but I am very susceptable to suspense.)

However--in my imagination the medicine that Ivy Walker brings back saves the as-awesome-as-Mr.-Darcy, Lucius Hunt's life and they are --dun, dun, duuuuun-- married and live happily ever after. The village elder people learn that what they are doing is cruel and wrong. Lucius and Ivy dance on their wedding night, they move away and have a happy family.
Oh, and Ivy's sister, you know the guy she marries? Well, to be nice to her, I decided that, in my imagination, he is not a jerk.

Basically, in my imagination, everyone lives the happiest lives this world has to offer.

I would call The Village a terrible movie in terms of, you know, if-it-had-really-happened. Since it's all just fiction, than yeah, the horrible murdering dude is just a great actor! However, I do feel terrible for the characters and the terrible things that happened to them.
I am not really surprised that The Village is not a really big best seller. I didn't think they did such a great job at executing the plot or that some of the acting/dialogue was the best it could have been. (Or maybe I just thought Ivy was annoying, and wished she had been portrayed differently?) The costumes and sets were excellent and the plot was a good idea.

Oh, and of course the movie gets points for having Dude Lucius in it. He rocked. Totally, really rocked. My favorite scenes were when Ivy told him that sometimes people don't do things because they don't want others to think that they want to do them. (Or something like that, she was talking about how when they were little he would hold her hand and guide her. She is blind, BTW.) Top favorite is when she is holding her hand outside the door and he runs up and grabs it and they go safely together to the cellar. Happy day!

No comments: