"She Had a Beard, and it Felt Weird"

It's couch time, folks, allow me to tell you all about my life. Get yourself comfy in that psychiatrist chair because I am on the couch and this could be awhile. ;)

First on the list is the cold hard fact that I haven't cleaned a thing in, like, a month. The house feels this, let me tell you. It looks like...I'm not sure what it looks like but I know that whatever it is, it is ugly. Does the state of our dwelling bother me? Oh, definitely! Why am I not fixing it? Because I am working my skin off at the school I have left to do. Do I feel guilty? Yes and no.
We had people over to the house on Saturday and I will look you straight in the eyeballs and tell you I did nothing in preparation for their visit. What kind of hostess is that? (Not that I am the Head Hostess but living here and all I am one of the less hostesses, right?)
We are also having people over on Tuesday, do you know how messy it will be? When I say messy, I mean really messy--like, "I can't see the floor, I hope I don't break my neck" kind of messy. Will I clean up the house on Tuesday? I don't know, I don't want to because I am busy (haha) and I am tired of cleaning but I could very well give in, I usually do.
Before you start thinking I am a terrible lazy and unorganized and dirty person, let me tell you: that's not so. :P I do my share and I do generally pick up the floors, sweep, put things in order, etc. at least once a week. This whole vent is only because I feel I currently have more important things to do at the moment. (For your informations: I have 22 days of Latin left, 11 days of math, and about 30 days of social science work left to do. I have about two weeks left though I will probably not be able to complete what I have in that time.)
For your information, I actually like cleaning. Something I would do for a living: clean people's houses. :P Seriously, my dream job is to be a housekeeper: make meals, wash floors, do laundry, etc. I get a lot of satisfaction out of doing those tasks. :) I think I got an A in Home Ec., that class was never official though. Most of our homeschool wasn't. :P

...I forgot the point I had been trying to make. :P Well, I guess just that I am pretty eager to kill my cleaning fast. :)

In other news, I lost one my favorite pens today. :( Speaking of pens, the reason I am blogging today is because I have to do a lot of handwriting in school and my right hand can only take so many hours of that. Therefore--no journalling today so I settle for second best: blogging.

Speaking of blogging, I can't quite decide if I like my new template or not. Sometimes I love it but sometime I have this very firm feeling that something is missing. My only idea as to what that thing could be is the way I have my blog title, as of yet I have not come upon a easy way to change it to something I like better. (I know a hard way to do it but it is too time consuming.) I really do like the ferris wheels and hot air balloons because I think it really helps with my mad theme.
I have another template theme in mind but I do not know if I could achieve what I am imagining and I do not want to put the time into it right now. For now, at least, this template will stay. :)

Currently, as you probably didn't notice from my sidebar, I am reading the book The Politically Incorrect Wife. You might think this an odd choice of reading material because I am obviously unmarried, not engaged, and not participating in a relationship of kind. However, reading it makes perfect sense to me.
To me it is like that waiting that Josh Harris likes to talk about mixed with the preparing that my Mom likes to talk about. Also--this book, I've found, is not only limited to the married-for-thirty-years-and-need-counseling-couples. The morals in this book can be quite easily applied to the unmarried teenage from a family of thirteen. ;) Like Pastor John said at PWTP, you're going to treat your spouse like you treated your family now so might as well practice being a good married person before you're married, right?
Being my silly uneducated know-nothing unmarried self I am going to guess that I will have a terrible time doing that dreaded thing called --oh my!-- submission. I tell you, I will nag mercilessly and be oh-so-very critical and plus I'm a dreadful control freak. Oh, wait, I won't "will be" those things, I already am all that! Like I said, best to try and tame your faults immeadiately rather than put it off, right? ;)
I will, likely as not, if I even get married, beyond fail at it but that doesn't stop me from wanting to try! :P

I love the movie Secondhand Lions, we watched it last week for the first time in awhile and, I'm happy to say, it's as good as we all remembered! That movie never ceases to make us laugh. :) The acting is great, I love the soundtrack they have, and I love Hub and Garth's will. "The kid gets it all. Just plant us in the d--- garden with the stupid lion." :)

The End

4 comments:

Miss Me said...

Haha, I love secondhand lion!

Hey Kris, here's the link to the one I was talking about. I know you hardly ever read your comments but you just might see this.

http://www.hotlayouts2u.com/blogger-layouts/preview.php?id=L526880550

Oh, and it's www.silversdesigns.blogspot.com The alice ones are near the bottom and on the second page.

Brittany November said...

Oo! I haven't been here in a while and I just noticed your very nice new blog look. :D I like!

Daughter of Eve said...

Ah, so true about the marriage thing...*sigh* Yep. Submission. Scary word. :P

Kate said...

scary scary word...

I would love cleaning if it only involved my things. Cleaning around other people things is pure unadultered torture.