Attitude

Him: STOP SKIPPING!
Me: Go away! I've just spent the last three hours with you and I cannot take any more. Go away and don't tell me what I can and cannot do.

(I stretch while everyone else is talking and joking. By the time they start, I am done.)
Supervisor: Do your exercises!
Me: I already did. I am done. You guys take too long.
D: We exercise as a team.
Supervisor: I need to see you in my office. --No, just kidding.
Me: No, you may not see me.
Supervisor: Woah, tone down the attitude.

This is...interesting. I have attitude? I am not sure what to think. Sometimes, when I am in a certain mood and with certain people, I do act really...strangely. I get really sassy and easily offended. Like, in the first example, the guy I was talking to is a great guy but when I am with him? We both give each other as much grief as we possibly can.
I give people grief all the time. I'm just playing, having fun. I love people who can take my grief and give me some right back.

I worry about taking it too far, though. What if, some day, I offend somebody? I just know I am going to run into somebody who can't take my sarcasm, snide humor, and general grief giving. It's gonna happen, then whatever will I do?

Me, sitting down at empty seat in lunchroom next to hoodie, lighter, pack of cigarettes, and soda from Arby's.
M., comes to retrieve his soda and things: You didn't spit in this, did you?
Me: I did, actually.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Okay, I really like this post and now I'm morbidly curious about
who all the pronouns referred to and I know this is so far back
you'll probably never see that I commented but I'll comment
anyway.

And I totally agree about giving people grief. My take is, if they
can't take it they take themselves too seriously and need their
humor deficiency corrected pronto. And the way to do that is
more sarcasm.

And how on earth do they expect you to pass up the
opportunity when they set themselves up so beautifully?

Ellen said...

And the comment thing on this blog does weird things to my spacing.