Seven Friday Shorts

1. I am dead tired so don't expect these to be very substantial/entertaining shorts. This is just whatever rambling pops into my head in the next hour and a half before it is no longer Friday.

2. There is only one prompt left in this Thirty Songs in Thirty Days challenge. The last song I am to post is a song that I wish I heard on the radio. I'm trying to think of a song that fits the bill, I'm coming up with a whole slew of I-wish-I-heard-this-on-the-radio-more-often songs... Some Nights would be a perfect song for this but I already posted it.

I would totally put Amy Winehouse's Valerie or Rehab but I don't care for her versions of the songs. I don't really dig her vocal style. :P

I am going to say, a song that I wish I heard on the radio is! Ready...set...The Winner Takes It All. The ABBA song, the song that Meryl Streep covers so beautifully and I love.

3. Right now I am listening to Pink Floyd's song Time. I've never heard it before. Pink Floyd is a pretty epic name, though! ...Okay, that song was boring, I am trying Another Brick in the Wall. See if this song is more to my taste.

4. Today was pay day, tomorrow is go argue with a sales representative. That will hopefully get checked off my to-do list next week. It is going to be frightfully expensive, that's why I mentioned my pay check in the beginning of this short. I am imagining this is going to cost like, quite a few cents. Here to hoping the benefits out way the costs.

5. I just hiccuped.

6. Have you ever seen the "Serenity Prayer: Retail Edition?" Here it is, in all its glory.
Lord, grant me the serenity to refrain from hitting my customers with my hand scanner, the courage to keep from running screaming out of the store like all the forces of the underworld were after me and the wisdom to not ask my customers if they were raised by wolves.
Sometimes I have to remind myself of my own little version of this prayer. Change "customers" to "fellow associates" because I don't deal with customers directly, hugesighofrelief. I get along and enjoy working with 95% of the people I work with. Most of them are great! But the ones that aren't so my cup of tea take so much patience! So much patience. I get so frustrated and so desperately want to vent but, who can I vent to? Who can I trust with my vents?

7. The dog ate my shoe the other day. My basically brand new shoe. Stupid dog. Also, my not basically brand new but still quite nice flip flop--digested! Stupid dog.

No comments: