The Best of 2009 Blog Challenge: VII & VIII

December 7th--Blog find of the year.

The prize for this goes to Lucy the Valiant, I think. I found that blog sometime earlier this year when I was going to my friend, Lucy,'s blog and typed in the address incorrectly. On hitting enter I stumbled through cyberspace and ended up o.oo3 seconds later on Lucy the Valiant's virtual doorstep, on entering her virtual but humble abode I read the first post and it was hilarious. She has this sense of humor that is so sarcastic and caps-lock-ish. It amuses me and some how I keep coming back for more. What can I say but that I enjoy being amused!

December 8th--Moment of peace.

Okay. I hate to say this and sound like an idiot but--what is peace? :P

Speaking of peace, I read the other day that there is a character in a movie called Sky High named Warren Peace. Laugh. Out. Loud.

Well, I cannot say that I have had any particularly amazing moments of peace toward everything and in everything this 2009. I know this because, if I had, I would remember them. I would have this soft, fuzzy, warm feeling of calmness and serenity. (Then again, it is possible that this last month that has been so hetic and stressful killed those feelings of calmness and serenity. A moment of silence for the poor, dead feelings of calmness and serenity. --Alright, give me some slack, it's like 12AM, I can be weird if I want to!)

2009 has been a busy year, I think. A lot has happened, it seems, and there has been a lot of responsibility, projects, and deadlines. ("I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams) Not that that is bad, but I can definitely say that I am the most calm when I feel knowledgable. This calls for another quote.

"A schedule defends from chaos and whim. It is a net for catching days." -- Annie Dillard

That quote can often end up making me feel sad for a second or two but we will discuss the psychology behind those sad feelings another day. For now, all you need to know, is that that quote is meant to say that I feel the most at peace (least stressed, happiest, etc.) when I have a net for catching days and am actively catching days. I love to know what will happen when, and where, and why. I love to see it happen according to plan also.

I think I have my moment(s) of peace then. The reason I can't remember any of them, you ask? I say, plans are surprisingly unstable under usage. It is like gravity, objects and plans can never go up, they must always come down. It is a hard, cold fact of nature. Ugly, too.

No comments: