The Best of 2009 Blog Challenge: XIII & XIV

December 13th--The best change made in the place you live.

I do not know which change was the best. We changed couches in our living room, like, three times. Hopefully we can keep the ones we've got looking presentable. Being nice to couches is hard, I guess.

The biggest change I can think of is the painting we did. "We" painted the three rooms of the house, the kitchen green and a very, very pale creme, the living room is green, and the front hall and stairs are yellow. It actually ended up looking nice. :)

I say "'we' painted" because I barely did any of it. I really dislike painting, it is actually really hard to help with projects around here, and I was way too busy overseeing, critisising, and making nasty comments to do something as unproductive as helping out. Please.
That will be my testimony, the court will be in recess for the next twenty-three years while they decide my verdict.

December 14th--Rush.

One thing about the stereotypical big, homeschooling family is that they are, on principal, always behind and late for everything.

It's actually pretty sad. :(

Somethings are okay-ish to be late for. Somethings are pretty unpleasant. Somethings are let-me-just-fall-into-the-earth-and-die.

Okay. Big secret telling time.

We were late for our friends' wedding. I know, it's bad. Let me just fall into the earth and die. We missed, like, everything but the blessing at the end. (Okay. No, we only just missed all the stuff where everyone walks in and they play the pretty music and do various symbolic stuff.)

Why we were late:

We left, like, twenty minutes before we needed to leave and brought wrapping material and tape with us and before going to the wedding we went and bought them a gift and a card (running through Target (I think it was Target) in too small shoes is hard). Then, while Dad drove across town to the wedding, we sat in the backseat and wrapped the present. No wonder the wrapping job was so bad. (To be perfectly honest, it's because I was there. But you love me even if I can't wrap.) Despite that, the wedding was lovely and the reception was fun, and they are very sweet together. :D

Sent from my iPod

No comments: