Seven Friday Shorts #5

1. Yesterday, our family went to the park and, while my siblings played in the coldwater spring and caught amphibians in the (gross) pond, Heather, Rebekah, and I walked almost all the trails. We figured that we walked three whole miles. Rebekah loved it because the trails were color coded and there were numbers on posts/tacked to trees along the way. Rebekah was powered by the numbers, if they were there than the walking was fun and she wasn't tired but if there were no numbers than she was tired and wasn't having fun. :P
The critters we saw while walking were limited to two big dragonflies, a few butterflies, some birds, and a small bear. (Okay, it wasn't actually a bear, it was just some dead plants sticking out of the water that looked like a bear. :P )
While not walking we saw a massive dead fish (that didn't have an eyeball because it had rotted out), two tadpoles, several waterstriders, various bugs, various birds, some amphibians....
Today I have a headache, it could be from all the walking or maybe from the sun, or maybe it was all the sugar. I don't know for sure where it came from, the only thing I'm certain of is that it's here.

2.


I'm not sure if I'm going to join the RAT this year, I probably will though. It is too hard to resist and so much cooler than the summer reading stuff at your local library. ;) You should all consider joining, too.

3. This morning nearly my whole family slept in, like, past 8AM. O.o We normally do sleep in later when it's overcast but not as late as we did. Breakfast didn't happen until after 9! Then we were really lazy and spent most of the day watching The Happiest Millionaire getting lunch during the intermission.
Some of us did get a little school done, maybe I should only speak for myself. I did a little school, I'm not sure about everyone else.
John Lawless is great, he was funny. "You yelled, sir?"

4. Today. Today I have a ponderable. Today I have a wonderment. Today I have a question.
Why do we have friends? Why do I have friends? Everyone I (we) are friendly with are either very stupid or very brave.

5. The other day I did a very brave act, possibly a stupid act. Very likely a week from now I will be standing infront of the closet complaining to anyone near enough to hear, asking them to please tell me why I was stupid enough to get rid of such-and-such garment. Because, yes, on Wednesday I went through all my clothing and got rid of a shockingly large amount.
Now I can look into my closet and not feel, you know, guilty. :P
I also got those sandals that I mentioned a ways back. I said that I needed to buy some, remember? Well, I saved up for a few weeks and then found some in my size (!) at Goodwill for $4. The goodness doesn't end there: I didn't spend anything because Mom bought them for me! I think I may put the shoe money toward a watch battery instead. (I got a watch for Christmas and haven't used it yet because it doesn't have a battery. *blush*) It's terrible to go about your day not knowing what time it is.

6. I have officially run out of school finishing steam. I'm almost, truly almost, done but I really have to force myself to do it everyday and a lot of the days lately I haven't done any forcing. It's terrible. I only have twelve days of Latin (which if I don't skip any days should take five) and six books left to read (and I don't know how long that would take).
I had better hurry and finish this post so I can get some work done.

7. Without a recipe or guidance of any sort (nor the advantage of having eaten the dish before) I made some pigs in blankets. I think they were okay, would have been better if the attitudes of certain person had been better and therefore the dinner table less unpleasant than it was. Normally do they have ketchup and mustard and etc. in them or do you add it after they're cooked or do you just skip it all together? I think I will look up a recipe before I try again, if I ever try again.

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

Awesome! Hey you should really get rid of all the spam. It's like... Chinese. Yeah.