Seven Friday Shorts

1. I attempted to post twice this week but once I got only a few sentences down before I was (figuratively) kicked off the computer. The other time I wrote 2-3 paragraphs before I decided that what I was writting was extremely unblogworthy. Actually, it wasn't and could have been a very insightful post except I would have felt awkward and hey-look-at-me-ish if I posted it. That's why I haven't posted for, like, a week.

2. I had a good time at softball this past Monday. The C team won! It was great fun to watch their victory. :)
Why is it that people enjoy the C game more than the A game? Well, not so much them not enjoying the A game but a decided lack of attention seems to be paid it. There seems to be a very great shortage of interest. Let's all ponder this for the next three seconds.
During the A game I held a very cute baby girl on my lap. This baby girl drooled everywhere and was constantly being adored by her cousin. It was very fun. :)
While I held her, her Mom held her nephew (Mom's nephew, not the baby's nephew). My goodness was he a cutie! So happy, too! He had a perpetual grin on his face and even gave me a few smiles. :D

3. On Sunday evening, while my siblings watched Lost and jumped on the couches in anticipation :P , I made cinnamon rolls. I made a batch of bread and divided the dough in half. I rolled the dough, one half at a time, into big rectangles that I sprinkled with sugar, cinnamon, and raisins before rolling them up.
Since it takes three hours or so to make these we generally like to start them the day before and cook them right before we eat them.
Sadly, our rolls are generally a little bit dry because it is quite hard to get an airtight seal and even if you get one it will often come undone.
To avoid this instead of putting the rolls into one big pan I put them into two small ones, I let them rise a little, and then I sprayed them lightly with cooking spray and covered them with aluminum foil.
The next morning I baked them and despite them sitting in a non-air tight container in the fridge all night they were very good and not dry. Score!

4. I keep thinking today is Saturday, I think I would like it if today was Saturday. :)

5. So far being graduated is, uh, interesting, I guess. I feel a little like a fish out of water. :P I have been having a hard time being productive, there is plenty to do but I'm feeling unsure as to how to do it/where to begin. I need to get myself a little structure. ;) I think I may have discovered a good summer job, it would be very good if I got it. (Tune in next time to learn if I got myself hired or not.) The job would not actually start until July. It's bothersome--I have a whole month of feeling lazy ahead of me unless I can get some sort of act together.

6. Lately (actually, for the last several months) my iPod Touchhas been acting bugged. Sometimes when I listen to music it will be fine and other times it will pause itself every few seconds--it's extremely annoying! Also the WiFi seems messed up. I guess I should expect some maintenance issues after having this for this many years. (Like, two.)
Google tells me the reason my music pauses is because the headphones Jack thing is loose and I'll have to send my iTouch in for service. Oh, joy.
Also, speaking of all this, I finally installed the newest software on this thing yesterday! I now have a Facebook app on here, I haven't had an app for that since Apple/Facebook turned off the old one. I also got the new Pandora app--I love Pandora!

7. Lastly, I will try to get into a creative groove ASAP so that my next post won't be as forced as this one and will be here sooner than this one was. :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

whaaat? A summer job and you didn't tell me? well... if that's how you feel about me! Well...