Seven Friday Shorts

1. Yesterday I watched Scream 4, the slasher horror film. My two reactions:
--What? You idiot! This is weird. You are a psycho! I don't understand this at all. You don't even make sense!
--Oh my--AHH! *covers face*

...And if that's a horror film, horrors aren't as bad as I thought they were.

2. I only watched this film because I was over at my previous form of employment and my nine-year-old charge was watching it. I watched it with her in between messing with an ornery four year old. I was over there again this morning, I went to make the kids breakfast and hang out with them for a couple hours before I went to my current form of employment. I made some awesome waffles while the girls slept, I set them out on the table and started to clean up after myself. Breakfast was getting cold and it was getting late, I went to go wake all the girls up. Their beds were empty. Someone failed to tell me they were going out for the morning. Oops.

3. Coldplay's Fix You is the best song ever. My favorite part is the building music before the bridge. Best song everrr.

4. I've officially switched to first shift at work. I am loosing fifty cents but gaining a Bible study. I didn't get the shift I really (desperately) wanted, I got the one I didn't really want. I am trying to look at the bright side: it's one hour closer to the shift I do want and Bible study. So, yay. I am all a muddled tangle of feelings. I really liked working 10:30 to close and 9:30 to close was even better. I liked it pretty much every day except on occasion where I had somewhere I wanted to be. Next Monday I start 9:30-6 which will probably mean 9:30 to 6:30.

5. I am this close (" ") to taking time off on Monday so I can go see a live radio show of Frankenstein which is at 6:30. Who can make a showing at 6:30 on Monday? Come on, now, how is that even physically possible?

6. I really should be getting off the computer now. You know, me, though, I haven't really got it all together.

7. I am going to be visiting McDonald's today. Here I promised myself this would be a week free of fast food. Nope, I am going to McDonald's today. Gonna drink me some soda. It's Friday, people, I am a goin' to celebrate the survival of another week. Don't judge me and my soda.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Fix You is such a brilliant song!

Shawn L said...

Check out this hymn
--------------------

Does it remind you of anything? Since you are a Coldplay fan I thought you might like this.

I always thought "A Message" song sounding like God's love for us so I researched it.


http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/m/y/mysongis.htm


My Song is love Unknown
My song is love unknown,
My Savior’s love to me;
Love to the loveless shown,
That they might lovely be.
O who am I, that for my sake
My Lord should take, frail flesh and die?

He came from His blest throne
Salvation to bestow;
But men made strange, and none
The longed for Christ would know:
But O! my Friend, my Friend indeed,
Who at my need His life did spend.

Sometimes they strew His way,
And His sweet praises sing;
Resounding all the day
Hosannas to their King:
Then “Crucify!” is all their breath,
And for His death they thirst and cry.

Why, what hath my Lord done?
What makes this rage and spite?
He made the lame to run,
He gave the blind their sight,
Sweet injuries! Yet they at these
Themselves displease, and ’gainst Him rise.

They rise and needs will have
My dear Lord made away;
A murderer they saved,
The Prince of life they slay,
Yet cheerful He to suffering goes,
That He His foes from thence might free.

In life, no house, no home
My Lord on earth might have;
In death no friendly tomb
But what a stranger gave.
What may I say? Heav’n was His home;
But mine the tomb wherein He lay.

Here might I stay and sing,
No story so divine;
Never was love, dear King!
Never was grief like Thine.
This is my Friend, in Whose sweet praise
I all my days could gladly spend.