A Mouth Post

My lip is all swollen and hurts something dreadful. I have a tooth that sticks out just enough that it catches on my bottom lip and I end up biting myself quite regularly.

I am thinking I am going to need to get braces, shave down the tooth, get my wisdom teeth pulled, or get my wisdom teeth pulled and get braces.

One thing I do definitely not want is braces. If I had to do anything like that, I would definitely do my best to try and get Invisalign. Unfortunately part of having Invisalign is brushing and flossing after every single meal...and I think I would have to do stuff after drinking anything other than water. It would be kind of awkward to be in the bathroom of Texas Roadhouse with my teeth in one hand and brushing my other pair with the other hand. But it would still be better than having braces! I would be super embarrassed to have braces and be my age.

Maybe the solution would be to shave down the tooth that sticks out, but I feel like I would like that option even less than having braces. Obviously, I do not know what would be needed to eliminate this mouth biting thing. But if tooth shaving and braces were both options I know what I would be braces! Tooth shaving means I am loosing part of my teeth! I probably wouldn't be able to tell at all but the idea just doesn't sound very nice.

This is a fairly new issue so I am wondering if maybe it is my wisdom teeth coming in and pushing my other tooth out? It is just a theory. Having my wisdom teeth pulled can't be too horrible. I have had teeth pulled before but they were baby teeth and not impacted, which my wisdom teeth are.

But would just pulling the teeth fix the issue? Would I then need braces to correct the issue or would it correct itself? How long will it take? How long do I have to deal with a swollen lip and pain?

And why do I not have awesome dental insurance? These are the important questions that I ask myself.

No comments: