Papers and Projects and Deadlines--Oh My!

I am currently trying to get a certificate from the Colorado State University for Operations Management and Supervision. I took the first course late last year and I have four more courses to go before I am "certified." It is super exciting to have taken a real legit (albiet online) college course! It was really fun and stressful too. Kudos to anyone who is/will/does go to school full time with a full time job as well. Just adding one course on to a full week was hard. It was super fun though too, I got a very good grade and definitely enjoyed studying and completing assignments.

I am taking the second out of the five courses in April and I will probably take the third in June. I am spacing these out like crazy so that I can get totally reimbursed by my employer. Right now I get up to two grand a year reimbursed so I can essentially take two courses a year at no real cost to me. It is kind of frustrating that it will take until 2015 to get a lame certificate but money does not grow on trees.

After I get my certificate I do not know what I am going to do. Being an adult is tough, y'all.

I wish that I had known what I wanted to do when I was eighteen and had started school then. Heavens though, I am twenty-one and I still do not know what I really want to do. I am gettting a certificate but the other day I was thinking I should become a financial advisor because I like budgeting and that stuff. But am I really cut out for that sort of math accuracy?

I would be a lot better off if I had even a little bit of confidence. If I could back myself up and be like, "Financial advisor? Oh yeah! You would kill it. Behind you all the way. You know your stuff. You're so smart. Financial advisor is exactly what you want to do."

This is more like what I hear, "I don't know...are you sure? You are not very good at math, you would have to do pluses and minuses all day long. Yeah, you like money but I just really don't know if this is the right thing for you...."

Even if I do not turn this certificate into a career, so far I am enjoying trying to to earn it.

No comments: