Ulta Haul

Earlier today I braved the snow and the wind and made a trip to Ulta. That store is cool and then it is lame at the same time. It is cool because it has basically everything that you could want when it comes to makeup but it is lame because the other patrons are ...weird.

A couple of the items that I got today are to replace items that no longer suit me or that are old and need to be thrown out. The rest of the items are just for me to try and to have fun with. I just go for items that are neat, in pretty colors, or that I have seen used in YouTube videos with good results. 

I got the Maybeline Fit Me! foundation in the shade 110. I used to have the shade 120 but it was a warm shade that was a tad too dark. 110 is lighter and more of a cool shade. I like the color a lot! I think I need to step up on the moisturizer before application though. Also, this foundation smells funny, which I do not like. Remember, I am just beginning my journey into makeup land so a lot of this is trial and error. For now I am happy to find a good shade for me. Someday maybe I will get a foundation that not only matches my skin tone but that is also fragrance free or at least doesn't smell bad.

I got two different concealers. The one is a stick form concealer from Covergirl, it is the Smoothers concealer in the shade Fair. The other concealer is Nyx HD Photogenic Concealer wand in the shade Porcelain.

I got a new mascara! I know you are only supposed to keep mascara for, like, three months and the ones I have are each over six months old. So far I haven't gotten any eye infections but they are starting to be clumpy so it is time to move on. I got the Clump Crusher mascara from Covergirl in the shade Very Black or something like that.

For lip products I got two items from Rimmel. I have never tried Rimmel but since I had a coupon I thought I would give it a shot. I got the Moisture Renew lipstick in the color As You Want Victoria, I can't say that the moisture part is all that great but it is not bad. I also got the 1000 Kisses lip pencil in the color Indian Pink. I haven't tried it yet on my mouth but I did a little swatch on the back of my hand and I think it might just last for one thousand smooches.

My favorite drugstore eyeshadows so far are definitely Almay's smoky-i kits. This is probably like the third one I have purchased. I just think the colors are so pretty, fall out is not a problem, and they don't crease. Win-win-win. I got the kit for blue eyes this time and I am not sure about putting blue eye shadow with blue eyes but I am not afraid. (And psst. I used a coupon so this kit was only a dollar and some cents.)

I have sensitive eyes and I have yet to get a makeup remover that does not make my eyes sting and burn. This time I am giving Almay's Longwear and Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads a try. I try to steer clear of waterproof but it sneaks in sometimes and if it can take off longwear makeup than it should be able to take off just about anything.

The last item I purchased is something that I am pretty excited about! This is the Nicole by OPI Oil to Go. It is a cuticle oil in a fancy no mess bottle. I have had cuticle oils before in the old nail polish style bottles that were messy and hard to apply. This one is in a tube and the tip is a brush applicator. You just squeeze the tube and a little comes out out on the brush, you just wipe your nails and you're good to go!

In total I spent $40-something after $17 and change in savings and coupons. A successful trip!

No comments: