Seven Friday Shorts

1. I need to do a purge of my house. It is remarkable how quickly stuff can pile up. I know before even starting a couple of things that need to go. I've got a stack of flat sheets and a blue high heel tape dispenser that are definitely getting thrown out. Who knows if I will find anything else that needs to go. I should probably ditch my Converse shoes, they are just so uncomfortable to wear!

2. I had my first taste of shrimp last week. I was on lunch at work when one of my lunchmates gave me a shrimp out of her lunch to try because I had never had shrimp. It was not bad, slightly fishy and cruncy. My other lunchmate commented on the sheltered life I must have had to have never had shrimp. I was kind of offended.

3. I went on a nice shopping trip with my sister the other weekend. My dear husband set it up behind my back because he thought I needed to get out and relax. I like to tell myself that I only bought things that I actually needed. I got a pair of flats, my first pair of skinny jeans, a really nice open sweater from American Eagle, some long sleeved shirts, a pair of sweats, and a Little Mermaid t-shirt because hello, I really needed that Little Mermaid t-shirt. I almost bought a pair of Silver jeans at Maurices. They were so, so, so awesome. I was in love. If anyone asks what I want for my anniversary, birthday, for Christmas or for Valentine's Day tell them that I want the pair of skinny jeans I saw at Maurices on 1/19/14.

4. I will never understand anyone who washes their clothes before wearing them.

5. My hubs bought a waffle maker, hand mixer, and a mini food processor for me as a surprise but then ended up telling me about it anyway and so I could anticipate its arrival in the mail. It is pretty great! The mini food processor is so cute and well, mini. I also just bought a set of ten Oxo Pop containers. I wanted to get the stainless steel ones but I could only find the white plastic ones. Even so, they are some classy food containers!

6. Today I am planning a dinner of roast chicken, mashed potatoes, some vegetables, and some chocolate cake for dessert. It will be awesome! My mouth is already watering.

7. I went to Elder-Beerman recently and bought a $140 pair of boots, $160 worth of Oxo containers, a set of $55 pillows, and two $30 pillows. After discounts and sales however, I only paid $180. I was super excited! I may be going there again today to buy some cookware and bakeware. They're not exactly cheap but they have nice stuff and with sales plus coupons and discounts, in can be a good thing.

No comments: