Freedom Fest

Yesterday I broke my glasses. How, you say? Well, I say that "trampled" pretty near says it all. I kind of landed on my face, they fell off, and then I sat on them/rolled over them. They basically had the shock of their life which resulted in heart failure. And, hence, death. Slides are for little people, after a certain size--not, necessarily, age--slides are just no fun.
Awkward thing is, right before that some lady in charge asked me if I would like her to hold my glasses for me. I was like, "Nah, what could happen?"

Yep. Absolute brilliance on my part.

The next few days are not going to be fun for me, let me tell you. My eyes feel all funny, my head feels woozy, I'm disconnected because I automatically don't look around much...not to mention the fact that I'm basically blind. (Okay, far from it, but 20/90 vision isn't something you should laugh at.)

Also, I assume I will have to put off doing that driving test thingibob for even longer, right? I assume I won't be given a permit if I can't read the road signs.

Of course, the glasses broke right before a concert and fireworks. I didn't really miss them during the fireworks but I did during the concert. I have little clue what the Building 429 band members look like except that one was bald, one had ugly shoes, and another had a tattoo.

Still, I did have these glasses for 13 1/2 months and that's good, right? =S

Besides that aspect of the festivities, I enjoyed Freedom Fest quite a bit. For the first three hours or so and for a while before we left I was
in a fantastic mood. Pessimistic, harsh, complaining--the works. I think the reason this was, in the beginning, the thought that I would have to be in charge of a whole bunch of little kiddies and be the oldest family member within a few miles was stressing. Add that to the fact we had to pack a lunch and some water and tote that around with us, don't
forget that we have none of that kind of stuff in the house at the moment. Oh, joy. Then it was the fact that we were there, the littlest children were clingy, we had a wagon loaded full of stuff to drag around, the middle children wanted to try every single ride with or without
supervision, the older children desired to do their own thing, and you couldn't hear a thing without shouting. That was a bit stressing.

At six Dad came and took the four youngest home and then I went on my first big kid ride...actually, my first ride big kid or not. Anyway, the first one was really fun and the second ride was fun, too, but kind of, I'll admit, freaky. Next I went over and did the ride where I broke my glasses. Next, back to the first ride. This second time I rode with Nate and Amalie. Last time I went with Alicia and I sat on the outside and we were fine. But, oh, poor Nate--he will probably remember that ride whenever it's cold or rainy forever more. :P He was on the outside of the bench we were on and got me and Amalie slammed into him several times. I'm sure that that part of the ride was not fun.

The fireworks show was amazing, as always. I got, like, two good firework pictures out of the six or so I took.

And now, to breakfast, then church. :D

No comments: