Seven Friday Shorts

1. My eye is twitching. I do not need to elaborate on this point.

2. At the moment I am in possession of a rules of the road book, a book that I am supposed to be soaking in like a very big and dry sponge. Yes, you guess it, the book is exceedingly boring and extraordinarily confusing. Let me tell you, it is a joy to read, a pure joy.
This whole driving thing does not thrill me, it never has. I consider it a necessary trial. ;)

3. Today I finished this book that I started yesterday called The Big Over Easy. I enjoyed it, it was interesting and funny, also well-written. Here are two "quotes" from it that I like:

This is Jack Spratt ("could eat no fat") speaking to Prometheus (yes, the guy Zeus chained to a mountain and had a raven eat out his liver every night for a few centuries. At this point in time Prometheus is fighting for compensation by means of the Mount Olympian court.) about Jack's son, Stevie.


"You speak baby gibberish?" asked Jack.
"Fluently. The adult-education center ran a course, and I have a lot of time on my hands."
"So what did he say?"
"I don't know."
"I thought you said you spoke gibberish?"
"I do. But your baby doesn't. I think he's speaking either pre-toddler nonsense, a form of infact burble or an obscure dialect of gobbledygook. In any event, I can't understand a word he's saying."
"Oh."


This is Mr. Pewter (a criminal and also a leader in the footware business) speaking to the same Jack Spratt (who is a detective inspector).



Mr. Pewter led them through to a library, filled with thousands of antiquarian books.
"Impressive, eh?"
"Very," said Jack. "How did you amass all these?"
"Well," said Pewter, "You know the person who always borrows books and never gives them back?"
"Yes...?"
"I'm that person."

4. Yesterday I had what I figure is a blogworthy experience. So, the church is having this little study thing going on and me and Heather were asked to babysit, right? Well, there are three classes and Heather could do the second two but not the first so Katelyn took her place. Heather had to go somewhere else that night and Kelsey went with her. Mom and Dad had a marriage counseling thingibob that night, too.
Thing is, until fifteen minutes before Katelyn and I needed to leave everyone wasn't aware of everyone else's plans. (Yes, my family communicates very well. :P ) So after going "Oh, great" for fifteen minutes we packed our supper up and got everyone dressed moderately appropriately in about five minutes and left.
It worked out okay, I guess. Katelyn and I were five minutes late for our thing and Mom and Dad were half an hour or so early for their thing. Oh, and Katelyn and I babysat twice as many kids as we had expected. It was all very, you know, unprofessional.

5. Two weeks from today is the grad. party that is being thrown for my enjoyment and benefit.
For these four reasons I am a wee bit nervous.


  • It might rain or be buggy or be hot, humid, and nasty.

  • The date. It's leaning toward the short notice side and it's also a Friday. Why does this bother me? Because I am easily bothered, of course. It's just a little stressing because I want as many people as possible to come and evey not attending I receive is disheartening. (Current count: an-unknown-number-over-six)

  • The guest list. How shall I say this? Well, I've invited some people that I don't know all that well and some family members that I, shall we say, like less than they no doubt deserve to be liked. I am worried that someone somewhere will not think it is the most amazing party they ever went to and will have a less than satisfactory time.

  • I have to be hostess and Center of Attention and all that jazz.

I know, it's silly--go on, laugh.


6. I know that it may look like I have given this blog less attention than it deserves but it is not so, I have really thought about it and posting stuff quite often. There has just been a slight difficulty, the computer that I am currently using is the only computer that works except for Heather's.
Do you know how hard it is to get ample computer times when things are like that? Take how hard it is for you to get computer time and multiply that amount by two or three or more. That's how hard it is.


7. I have a lot to be stressed about right now, you know. It gives me great satisfaction to write about this kind of thing on my blog so please let me list the ways for you.
First, grad. party about which I previously wrote on.
Second, driving about which I have also already talked about.
Third, I am participating in this online contest thingy and not currently holding the lead.
Fourth, I don't have a job (and am therefore lazy, irresponsible, and not a whole person).
Fifth, I will most likely get forced to sing in church sometime in the next three weeks.
Sixth, they're having a graduate recognition thing this Sunday, I will probably have my picture taken. :P
Seventh, I can't remember what this one was.
Eighth, the fact that the seventh thing was probably extremely important and I can't remember what it was.

The end. Does this help to fix the fact that I went for over a week without posting?

No comments: