Look at Her, She's Wicked!

This last week my mom picked up two books (at a garage sale, I assume) called Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West and Son of a Witch, the sequel, they are both by Gregory Maguire.
I've read two other books by Maguire, Lost which was freaky and weird and Mirror, Mirror which was weird and gross, so I don't really think I will like these two new ones, either. (I am trying not to start these with my mind all ready made up, I'm just saying that this is what I expect my mind will be. If I'm wrong then...I've never been happier to be wrong.)

The other night my town had a American Idolesque competition thing, which I did not watch because I thought it would be boring country, like it was last year, and I was tired of feeling lame. Anyway, do you know what the one girl sang? She sang The Wizard and I! I hear tell, she was pretty good, too! I'm sorry I missed it. I missed it! :(

I assume you've heard of, seen, or listened to the music from the musical, Wicked!, right? Glinda was played by Kristin Chenoweth (she's the one that sings Taylor the Latte Boy--LOL) and Idina Menzel (who is basically amazing). I actually don't know a whole lot about the storyline of Wicked but I've heard--and actively listen to--several of the songs. Would you like to know how badly I want to see the show?

Badly, badly, badly, badly, badly, badly.... That's how bad.

Wicked is going to be here* in a few weeks, actually. How cool is that? Of course, it is rather, you know, expensive and we'll probably be too busy or something so it's not likely that I'll see it but, wouldn't it be awesome? :) I'd so rather see a play then watch a movie, especially if it is a musical.

In other news, Les Misérables is going to be here* in 2011. Do you want to know how badly I want to see that one?

*Here is anywhere within a three hour radius.

1 comment:

Daughter of Eve said...

I am going to go see Les Miserables if I have to work from now until the day of the showing. :P Lol, when I found out about it, I nearly went crazy, trying to figure out some way of securing myself a ticket...=P lol