Shooting and Capturing

A few months ago my very faithful camera went and broke. (I trusted it and it went and stabbed me in the back--how do you like that?) It now refuses to do anything more than turn on and display a "lens error" message. According to Google, my camera has, shall we say, gone to meet its maker.

The reason for my posting this is to, very joyously, inform you that today I-- :D :D --finally bought a new camera.

I'll admit to not being the most avid photographer ever but, when I do snap photos, I enjoy it. It was a great trial to me not to have a camera and I'm pretty excited to end my inability to shoot everything I desire to shoot. All those once-in-a-life-time things I wanted to capture have forever escaped me. Now, however, there is a new day dawning. :P

The camera I got is a Nikon Coolpix L22 in, according to the picture, a lovely blue, it's not a very special camera but it apparently takes decent photos so it'll work for me. The clincher: it's a Nikon Coolpix, like the last one I had, and fit the relatively cheap requirement. (Not to mention the fact that my parents are splitting the cost with me as my grad. present. Sweet, I know.)

Do you sometimes wish that there weren't a dozen companies making the same item, not to mention each of those companies making several models of that item, each of these models having different features, sizes, colors, prices. How do you weigh the quality of one against the quality of the others? Which assortment of features will fill the most of your desires?
Don't you think it would be nice if, you know, there weren't quite so many options? :) Thankfully I had a fairly easy time deciding on which camera I wanted, I hope I didn't go terribly wrong! I guess I will know either the height of my genius or the height of my stupidity on Thursday or Friday.
I sort of considered getting a Canon Powershot but they appeared to me to be cheaply made and lame looking (sorry!). I only thought of getting one of them until I got my head on properly, once my head was intact I went straight for the Nikon because Nikons are the imbodiment of "The Bomb" and everyone should have a Nikon. Also, my last Nikon was pretty near wicked. (Not completely and totally wicked but, you know, compared to some it was very, very unholy.)

That's about all I've got for you folks. I'm now the owner of a working camera, it's just not in my possession yet.
In other news, I need to find somewhere to put my pictures instead of having them float around in SD cards and random computers. Maybe a really monstrous SD card or memory stick would be a good solution?

1 comment:

Daughter of Eve said...

Hey! Yes, I figured that out...*cough* *hides* =P Lol, when Kale gave me the invitation, she asked when I was going to be in Mongolia, and I said I was leaving July 24th... and she told me that was the day before the party. =P Haha... so yeah. *nods* I'm hoping to find a way to come. *sigh* My parents are going to be leaving for the weekend that day... and my aunt and uncle will be here with my cousins to *cough*
keep an eye on us=P So... If I can hitch a ride with someone, I'm hoping to come. :))