Nota Bene: III

I woke at 7 this morning and idled until 8. (Around here, breakfast is at 8.) Eugenides had made apple crisp and scrabbled eggs. It was very good, of course.
I then spammed ( :P ) one of my Mom's Facebook statuses with random things off and on until I ran out of things to say.
I had the breakfast table chore duty and, so, I did that and then hurried away as the floor was going to be scrubbed. I don't much care to be around projects like those; others revel in them, I do not.
So instead of hanging around for the floor scrubbing I went to do some laundry type things. My laundry slot is Wednesday morning so I gathered and got that together. Also springified my wardrobe and got rid of some things that I never wear or else wore to the point of their death. I got rid of the shirt I wore for Murder in the Air. Parting is such sweet sorrow. That was a nice shirt but it is getting old... The rest of what I removed wasn't anywhere near as significant as that shirt so moving on...
In the middle of that Mom called me into the kitchen and told me the optometrist had just called and (wait for it) said my glasses were in. Yay! She told me to grab a lunch and we'd go and pick them up.
According to my visit last Tuesday I'm near-sighted (like I couldn't guess) and have 20/80 vision in one eye and 20/100 vision in the other. He said I have naturally massive pupils (back when ladies strangled themselves with those corset things they also dumped plant juice in their eyes to make their pupils expand). I also have two "extra" arteries in my left eye bringing blood to me retina, he says if I'm planning on living to a ripe old age they'd come in useful. And I have a massive convergence delay, normal is 3-6 and mine is 18; it basically means it takes my eyes three times longer to catch up to each other than average eyes do. Because of that I'm supposed to wear my glasses even for reading and computer and close up things like that...which is nice, I guess, 'cause I would have forgotten otherwise.
We drove to a town that's 30-60mins. away where the optometrist's office resides. He gave me my glasses and told me various things. He has a paper in his office that I didn't read but Mom pointed one bit out to me. It was something like The Four Types of People in the World.
1. Those who believe in Santa Claus.
2. Those who don't believe in Santa Claus.
3. Those who play Santa Claus.
4. Those who look like Santa Claus.
*snickers*
Well, I got my glasses and spent the whole way home staring out the car window. When the horizon is clear the world looks so much bigger! And creation is so detailed. Grass blades, twigs...it's really beautiful. I spotted a duck in a rain pond by the side of the road. I can read all kinds of road signs, I'll rock that road trip letter finding game now. :D
So that was pretty special and amazing. Soon I'll get used to my reflection. :D
Mom dropped me off at The Store for my shift. I sat at the front desk and listed things. Two ladies came in. That was all. And the radio that's normally in the other room playing some mainstream music wasn't on so it was a really quite day.
At four I walked home (it's only some eight blocks) and normally I'd walk with my head down staring at the sidewalk (doc says that's what near-sighted people tend to do) but no not this time! I stared at the things around me instead. I read street signs and license plates and looked at all kinds of things. :D
When I got home I pulled one of my shirts out of the bathroom sink. It was a white one I had been soaking in a water bleach solution. It looks like it looked when I bought it again. Hurrah! I think something bled a bit on it during a washing but it looks like it has returned to a white color which pleases me. I may have to bleach the shirt I'm wearing now, too. What a trial.
After that I wondered around outside taking pictures of various things (like our blooming daffodils) and looked at things. :P
We had tacos for supper. Heather had made those. Very good, of course. After supper I read some of John Piper's Battling Unbelief for Bible study next week. I don't have answers for all the questions he asks, sadly. Many things left to learn.
I did some handwriting for my own enjoyment and wished the fam. wasn't hogging the computer (they were watching LOST). And then I got on Pantagruilian and wrote this. I was going to scatter some pictures through this post but the computer continues to be hogged and so no pictures.
Now I have finished writing this. To sleep, perchance to dream. :)
Sent from my iPod

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You what?!?!?!?!?!!!!!?! !?! !?!?! ?! ?!? ! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?! !?!? !?!?!?! ! ?!? !?!?! ?! ?! Aren't you going to hold some kind of ceremony for the shirt? Don't you know what that play did for you?

So that's why you always walked slumped over. I thought you were just thinking really hard.

Your glasses look awesome!

Heather

netsirK said...

Wow, you really are blogging every day! *applauds* I tried that for a while but then my brain threatened to explode. XD

Yay! :D Getting glasses is always so much fun. It's only happened for me twice, but still. I totally didn't know about the plant-juice-in-the-eye thing. That's disgusting! I can hardly stand eye drops.

Daughter of Eve said...

Hurrah for glasses!! It's just like a miracle when you put them on after going for who-knows-how-long without being able to see leaves. :P Ahhhh...I know the feeling. :D Well, so glad you can see! And I ought to try bleaching some of my white stuff...

~Queen Lucy~

P.S. Hurrah for lots of posts! If you've noticed I'm not the greatest poster in the world. :P