Going for the Big One!

I currently sitting on 46,000 words, 4k more and I'll be at 50,000. As you recall, NaNoWriMo is all about writing a fifty thousand word novel in 30 days. If I quit after I hit 50,000 than I will have completed the first part (50k) but not the second part (the novel part). I doubt that 50k will be enough to finish my story.

Remember me, way back when, worrying that my plot would never make it to fifty thousand? Now my plot is looking to go beyond that word goal. Funny, eh?

If I wanted to I could, as soon as I hit 50k, quickly finish up my story. "...And George fought the dragon and killed it. Everyone except Angela the dragon lived happily ever after. Thanks for reading! The end."

That would be a 50,022 word novel with a foul ending. I want to leave as much foul stuff out of my novel as I can possibly contrive to so I will be going for a decent finish.

So today the goal is to, inbetween going to Fuddrucker's with friends in the am and siblingsitting in the pm, hit 50k and finish the novel. No matter how many words it takes, the second half of that goal is not reached or completed unless it is ended well. I will be the judge of well. Think I can do it?

Me, neither. :P See you all at the light at the end of the tunnel! :)

No comments: