Seven Friday Shorts

1. Tonight was a nightmare for awhile! We went to this rerun of the Desiring God conference at church tonight. All of us did, everyone down to Gunnar. The children had to sit still for awhile, a few hours and then they all got up and had a bunch of cookies and some soda (which Mom told them not to have, BTW). It was crazy! Running and hysteria. A nightmare. Now they are in bed and things are calm again. I am glad for that, trust me. ;)
We are going again tomorrow (all day long!) and Mom says that the only way that the children are getting near the snack table is over her dead body. :P

2. The conference thingibob was okay. We listened to two guys. The one guy was good but I did not feel that he had anything really great or breakthrough-ish to say, no great revelations. The other guy was kind of hard to listen to because it felt like he was just going on and on about himself and his church. "This is how great I am and this is how great the church I pastor is, be like us and you will be a saint like we are." All his opinions and topics were great but the way he presented them just got on my nerves.

3. You may have noticed that I am not quite a wonder at this NaBloPoMo. Yesterday was the third day I missed. Oops. Still, I think it is a good blogging exercise. Don't tell me that I'm the only one who ever gets annoyed at the people who have blogs, blogs that are wasting perfectly good URLs, and never use them!!

4. I finished my NaNoWriMo! 58,136! Hurrah! At this rate I could write two 50,000 words in one month but definitely not this year and I do not think that I would have the motivation for it. Anyways, I know what I am going to write next year. I've never tried science fiction before, should be fun! :)

5. I am seriously considering just walking into a hair cutting place and saying, "Take off X inches and then do whatever you want with the rest." I would probably end up hating it but it would grow back and I do not worry all that much about that kind of thing. A friend of mine told me that a place around here does cuts for free if you donate (does that mean that they clean the cut up after they take the chunk out or do they actually do like style cuts or whatever?) I spotted the place while we were on our way to the church tonight. I saw the sign, that is, but I didn't see the entrance or the store itself, just the name of the salon on the side of a building. I should just call the place and confirm what happens if you donate your hair through them but I feel awkward asking, "If I donate, will you cut my hair for free?" and then saying, "Well, in that case, have a good day" if they say no.

6. I woke up at 10AM this morning. Positively sinful, don't you think? Had breakfast at 10AM and then lunch at like, 3. We ate supper at about five, though, because the conference thing started at 6:30. Anyways, grrr! I do not particularly like this new schedule because I sleep through half the day. I spend all the good morning hours snoozing. Old habits are hard to kill, the mindset that getting up at ten and eating lunch at three is Bad is hard to shake.

7. Square dance lessons are the day after tomorrow! I have such a blast every Sunday evening! Dancing is so fun and I like adding the new steps and parts. It is like the way-back-when they did their Sunday social and their dancing. If we had any peanut butter chips I would make chocolate peanut butter cookies even if I am a horrendous cookie maker.

No comments: