Pajamas in Church (or, Disappearing Children)

I think that I have a moderately good NoBloPoMo post today. It is hard to come up with something to post about every day, there is proof of this if you just scroll down a little. Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C, Exhibit D....

Last night I dreamed that I, along with three of my siblings, went to some sort of service at our church. There was only four of us but we took two cars. This might of been because I was planning to return to the church the following morning at 5AM. Anyways, about twenty minutes into the service, my sister gets up and says she has to leave. She listed some very important reason for leaving but I do not remember what it was, something about going to work or something. Dunno, whatever she said sounded legit to my stupid dream self. She left and the rest of us stayed.
After the service, I went to go home but only one of the cars were in the parking lot, I figure that my sister took it (and I would have a talk with her the next time I saw her for her driving without a license--shame, shame!) My dream self considers taking the strange scooter thing of one of my friends but on rethinking that I decide not to because I do not know how to drive weird scooter things and I hadn't asked my friend's permission. So, I go to convince my remaining siblings that we should leave as soon as possible because it is late and I need to get up at four (four in order to be there by five, right?)

Several other folks were looking to leave to but there was an issue: some of their children had gone missing. My brain never quite determined how or why or where but those children had all disappeared. They returned, out of the blue, in ones and twos.

Let's skip ahead. The next morning. I go to take the motorcycle to church or whatever. Thing is, I cannot really carry a purse and ride a motorcycle very well, can I? I take a $20 bill and my driver's license out of my purse to put in my pocket but I cannot find my driver's license. I search high and low and near and far. Eventually I find it...in my purse.

It took about two minutes to get to church and I met my sister in the parking lot. The same one who had left the service early the night before. Of course, I asked her where the van was because she had obviously been driving it. She said she had no idea, she had a friend drive her home. I was immediately suspicious and knew exactly what had actually happened. "Liar! Liar! You went out with him, didn't you? Admit it!" And she did because, you know, I am never wrong. ;)

Let me point out here, I wore the most dreadful outfit to church. It was horrible. When the service started I totally forgot that I was doing the PowerPoint, I was so busy talking to the sound guy. (Let me point out, he was also thoroughly disgusted with my outfit. I could tell. He got over it enough to talk to me, obviously.) When I realized that I wasn't paying attention to the slides I noticed that they were all complete mumbo jumbo and utter nonsense. A few people had a little discussion about the slides, I wasn't worried at all. I hadn't made them, it was hardly my fault. Instead I had a conversation with my sister. That sister. She talked all about him and what they had done together. I was most seriously put out.

Sometime after that I woke up. ;)

No comments: