On Driving

I get kind of annoyed with some of the talk about driving on the interstate, don't ask me why. It just gets on my nerves a little bit when people expect that I have never done it or that I do not like doing it or something similar.

I merged for the first time (not on The Interstate but on a road that Mapquest calls an interstate but nobody around here calls The Interstate) on the day after I drove for the first time. My introduction to driving went something like, fifteen minutes in a deserted parking lot, circling around some buildings, then on the more or less deserted residential roads in my town for fifteen minutes or so. That was Monday morning, Monday evening a joy ride with my sister in the back seat speeding along the country roads around my town. The following day I merged on this road that-I-don't-know-what-to-call and drove to a town about an hour away.

As most of the people who drive with me know, I have no qualms about going fast. Merging really doesn't bother me, when I took The Interstate last night it was a little harder because I was driving the 15-passenger but it wasn't bad, not at all. :)

I haven't driven The Interstate much, I do not have much need to. The first time I did was about a month after I started driving, I went with my mother and five siblings to the capital to do some rummage sale going. It was right around rush hour when I was on the beltline so it was pretty crowded but it wasn't really bad.

I really don't mind the interstate and merging, what I do mind is tangled downtown streets. I'm always worried that I will accidentally turn the wrong way onto one of the many one-way streets. ;)

No comments: