Perchance to Dream

Let's all tell each other something we don't like to admit! I'll go first. :)

I dream that I am pregnant a lot. This is awkward because in most of these dreams I do not dream myself married. I am nearly always pregnant and single. Fun, eh? Sometimes these dreams are dreams were Nothing Goes Wrong and sometimes they are not but I always have a warm, fuzzy feeling in the back of my mind for the whole thing. I may dream that I am late for work and it'll bother me but behind that there is still the warm fuzziness.

Last night I dreamed that not only was I making a kid but I also worked at Subway. I think, during the duration of the dream, I was late twice and never made a single sandwich. There was also something about a broken window and a soybean field. My old boss was also my Subway boss person. Who knew!

'Fess up now, have you ever dreamed that you were pregnant? Girls? Guys?

How about kids? I basically never dream I have kids. Ever. Do you?

When I was younger I had dreams where, for some unknown reason, I would have to drive my siblings somewhere. In my dream I never crashed (yay!) but was always very freaked out about being pulled over. What is the penalty for driving a car without a license and being nine years old? What do you dream about often?

1 comment:

Kiwi D. Fruit said...

Well I for one am glad that I don't have prophetic dreams. I have married each of the Newsboys, half of Downhere, and assorted friend-boys from my old church, one or two from this one, and multiple others that I haven't the foggiest who they were.

I have been pregnant numerous times.

My brother has been eaten by a scary monster once or twice, and my grandparents' house has been swallowed by a volcano.

I've driven a car from the passenger side, crashed a car, burned down a house, and may have been arrested for those things.

I've been kidnapped and held for ransom.

I've had a disease from which there is no recovery, and suddenly found myself crying as I tell Ellen that I'm going to die tomorrow.

I have been plagued by stupid persistent customers who insist on bringing merchandise to my BEDSIDE so I can check them out, and then the keep coming, even though I've told them that I have no computer and there is no way I can sell them the stuff and to GO AWAY.

Then again, at least one, I'm pretty sure, was actually sent to me by God. The night after my great-grandma's visitation, I was fast asleep, when my friend came up and told me to listen to his I-pod. Playing on there was a song I'd heard, like, six months before, and hadn't thought about since.
"When I die,
Don't cry for me,
For in my Father's Arms I'll be..."

For the most part, though, my dreams are rather dull. The above is a compilation of about 12 years of dreams, not what I have in an average night. ;)