NaNoWriMo and Names

(Photo from here.)

This November I have been a pantser when it comes to names. Most of the times character names are very important to me but this year I have just been slapping names on characters when I can no longer get away with not giving them names.

The only two characters that I gave names to before November and writing swooped down upon me. Those two characters are my two main characters, Nevada Zerina and George Lydda.

Please do not hate me, I did actually name the children in one of my minor family with names beginning with Gs, the parents I haven't named. The dad died near the beginning, barely came into the story and the mom is barely in there, either. I haven't needed to name them. The children: Gerald, Genesis, George (same George as above), Gregory, Georgina, Gavin, and Garden. Most of my names are like that; not the same letter, I mean, but kind of different without being super different.

Besides that, there are hardly any out there names. I did name the two neighboring continents that the story takes place on Injoleenia and Spai. One of my other characters (who also died near the beginning but needed a name) Jaundalynn. It is a Spanish name and I thought it was pretty and would fit her character.

This may interest some of you: I named a character Ricardo. After that guy in Lost. Richard. The character is a prince and is good looking, just like Richard Alpert. I also named a character after one of Danielle's stepsisters in the movie Ever After.

There's a little dull, uninteresting post here on the names of some of the characters in my novel. Fun, wasn't it?

No comments: