Seven Friday Shorts

1. The newest iPod Touch software update is only for second and third generations. What generation do I have, pray tell? A first, of course! *pout* I need to upgrade but, you know, I am broke because no one will hire me. Starting with the app that I tried to download tonight there will be a whole host of undownloadable apps because--yes--they're only compatible with 4.0 software.

2. I should get a iPhone except that they are so expensive and I don't need a cellphone. I don't even want one. Except for occasionally when I am somewhere all alone and would either like to communicate with someone or would like the security. How can anyone settle for any phone besides a iPhone? Everything else is a waste as far as I am concerned.

3. My sister was flipping through the TV channels today and came across Enchanted. Yay! I am very fond of that movie. It was even near the beginning! We were watching it and I begin to notice how very, very familiar the evil stepmother's voice was. I finally recognized it as the voice of the mother in Little Women. I just checked IMDb and I was right, it is the same actress! It's was so weird watching the lovely little mother from Little Women be the wicked queen. That movie is sad, I think, until the very end because we all know how it is going to turn out. It turns out good but the process is sad for poor Edward and Nancy. I looooove Edward, he is awesome.

4. I do not do faces anywhere near as well as I do voices. The other week Gunnar was watching Moby Dick with Heather. It was so cute, he was really getting into it and chatting with Heather about the whale and the different characters and stuff. It was so funny! Especially since this was Moby Dick which is not supposed to be something that three-year-olds have any interest in. Anyway, I was in the other room listening to them and I could hear the movie, too. I kept thinking, "Oh my goodness, that guy sounds so much like Stottlemeyer." I saw a snatch of the movie and I didn't think the guy looked much of anything like Stottlemeyer but he sure sounded like him and then he did something with his hand and I was like, "Yeah, totally." According to IMDb, they're both played by Ted Levine.

5. Yesterday I played a ton of Dutch Blitz, seriously. At my aunt's house we played game after game after game because there was seriously nothing else to do. We roped two of my cousins into playing and for a short while two of my uncles played, too. I won one of the games, it was pretty exciting. :)

6. I'm sorry but my Thanksgiving feast was a fail. Yesterday we went to a restaurant with Dad's family, they were serving a turkey dinner. They gave me some lettuce and a piece of tomato for an appetizer (I think they called it a salad). Our meal was a plate of stuffing with turkey on top beside a pile of mashed potatoes with everything drowned in gravy and then a little bit of cranberry sauce in a little plastic container. I do not like stuffing at the best of times so I did not touch that, I did eat all my turkey and mashed potatoes, though. I did my best to scrape the gravy of the food I did eat because scrapeable gravy is seriously gross. A piece of nutmeg pie followed it off, without whipped cream or ice cream no less! Seriously, you shouldn't serve pie without one (or both) of those especially when the nutmeg is so strong that you cannot taste the pumpkin. Normally you gorge yourself on food but this Thanksgiving that didn't quite happen.
In three weeks we'll go to my aunt's house and order pizza and open Christmas presents. Festive, right?

7. Something happened last Sunday and I am still trying to figure out the reason why. Was it my fault? What happened? It is all so terribly confusing. Am I good terms with them? What is up? I dunno. I am just hoping that it doesn't happen again.

No comments: